Thunar

Here is where you can post tips and tricks to share with other users of MX. Do not ask for help in this Forum.
wulf

Thunar

#1 Post by wulf »

Does anyone know of a solution for Thunar to highlight a downloaded file from the browser? If I click on "open the file" from the browser, it works as it should. If I click on "open the containing folder" from the browser, it also works as it should, but Thunar neither points to the specific file, or highlights it, which leaves me having to make a mental note of the file name and scan through heaps of files until I discover it. I can't find much about this on the web. I did find a script someone had written that had something to do with org.freedesktop.FileManager1 and DBus. I wish I'd bookmarked it as I can't find that web page any longer. It bugs the hell out of me to have to either search through hundreds of files in my download folder, or to have to arrange my folders by date instead, so that the latest added file always appear at the bottom. I'm surprised this isn't a standard action in Thunar and wonder why it was never added by xfce when it seems to be standard practice in some other file managers. Nautilus being just one example.

Moltke

Re: Thunar

#2 Post by Moltke »

Unfortunately not. So far there's no option in thunar that does that What I do is that before clicking on "open containing folder" I check file's name and when thunar opens start typing so it shows up.

Hope this helps! :)
Without each other's help there ain't no hope for us :happy:

wulf

#3 Post by wulf »

Moltke wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:34 pm Unfortunately not. So far there's no option in thunar that does that What I do is that before clicking on "open containing folder" I check file's name and when thunar opens start typing so it shows up.

Hope this helps! :)
That does help. Thanks Moltke :)

Jerry3904
Administrator

#4 Post by Jerry3904 »

I just click twice on the "Date Modified" header so it is at the top.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Return to “Tips & Tricks by users”