When you have 2 partitions or drives

Here is where you can post tips and tricks to share with other users of MX. Do not ask for help in this Forum.
Mauser

When you have 2 partitions or drives

#1 Post by Mauser »

I came across something strange today. Since I have a large RAID 10 which I had to divide it into to partitions I found that all my folders were set to Read Only. This happened after a fresh install. If you are having trouble with adding anything in Thunar or any other issue check each folder permissions. You will have to open Thunar as root in order to change the permissions. You will need to set it to your account because the default setting is root and change it to Read&Write.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Richard

Re: When you have 2 partitions or drives

#2 Post by Richard »

Perhaps, use gksudo and enter your user password to login.
I've had problems that seem to be caused by using su instead of sudo; gksu instead of gksudo.
YMMV. I have never used RAIDs.
Thinkpad T430 & Dell Latitude E7450, both with MX-21.3.1
kernal 5.10.0-26-amd64 x86_64; Xfce-4.18.0; 8 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-3380M, Graphics, Audio, Video; & SSDs.

Mauser

#3 Post by Mauser »

Richard wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:50 pm Perhaps, use gksudo and enter your user password to login.
I've had problems that seem to be caused by using su instead of sudo; gksu instead of gksudo.
YMMV. I have never used RAIDs.
I don't know what you are talking about. I login as I always have on every computer with MX Linux on it and this is the first time I have seen this happened. I thought I share this for those who have a computer configuration similar to mine. I fixed mine with what I posted above.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Richard

#4 Post by Richard »

Yes, you're right.
Enough said.
Thinkpad T430 & Dell Latitude E7450, both with MX-21.3.1
kernal 5.10.0-26-amd64 x86_64; Xfce-4.18.0; 8 GB RAM
Intel Core i5-3380M, Graphics, Audio, Video; & SSDs.

Return to “Tips & Tricks by users”