-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Adding LVM support to MX-Live

Just as the name says, here is where you can post tips and tricks to share with other users of MEPIS.
m_pav
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Adding LVM support to MX-Live

#1 Post by m_pav » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:10 am

MX Linux Live does not come with support for Logical Volume Management, but it literally only takes a minute to add it to a running Live MX Linux session. I had a job to complete, so I gained access to the drives contents as I had done before, then I wondered if any such information was available within the massive MX Linux documentation and, .... nothing found, so I recorded a screencast video and posted it to youtube, url below.

https://youtu.be/tSGh7FqQ7_k

The instructions are so stupendously simple, I'm thinking even a novice should be able to follow them. I don't recommend adding lvm support to a personalised snapshot unless you like a much longer boot time, so I think this video instructional will be a nice addition if it should ever be needed.

Sorry for the quality and unrehearsed progression, I did it on the spur of the moment and it was late at night.
Mike P

Regd Linux User #472293
(Mine)Lenovo T560, i7-6600U, 16GB, 2.0TB SSHD, MX17 64-bit
(Wifes) Asus M4A88TD-M, AMD Phenom II x4 955 CPU, nVidia GF610, 6Gb, 500GB+320GB, MX17 + KDE
(Kids) Intel NUC, J1900, 4GB, 64GB SSD, MX17

Return to “Tips&Tricks”