Get Rid of annoying full-screen notification for streaming video

Here is where you can post tips and tricks to share with other users of MX. Do not ask for help in this Forum.
Stevo
Developer

Get Rid of annoying full-screen notification for streaming video

#1 Post by Stevo »

This is for Mozilla-based browsers, such as Firefox and Pale Moon.

You know, that warning pop-up you see every time you have a Youtube or other streaming video display full screen and it displays the same warning you've seen enough times already, for Pete's sake!

Just type about:config in the address bar, open up the configuration, search for "full-screen-api.warning.timeout", and set the value to "0". No more pop-up!

Adrian
Developer

Re: Get Rid of annoying full-screen notification for streaming video

#2 Post by Adrian »

Thanks, I don't like when software is spammy like that...

Redacted

#3 Post by Redacted »

Yes, thanks.
With previous Pale Moons, if I remember correctly, it was enough to set full-screen-api.approval-required to false.
I didn't think of changing the timeout value, and was screaming at the computer every time I went full screen.

sunrat

#4 Post by sunrat »

Thanks Stevo! I don't really need to be told when a video is fullscreen, it's pretty obvious. ;)

jbMacAZ

#5 Post by jbMacAZ »

Thanks. I remember a Windows hack that literally patched the flash plugin to shut off that notification. I had thought this nuisance message was the only downside switching to Linux!
MX-18 on Asus T100CHI (z3775 Intel baytrail) mixed-mode 32 bit UEFI, 64 bit OS
Dell 3250 Inspiron desktop, i5-6400, 64 bit OS

Stevo
Developer

#6 Post by Stevo »

The only pro that I can see for the notification is that it told the absolute beginner how to get out of fullscreen if they were totally confounded by that, but I doubt that's many of our users. i wonder if we can add that tweak to our default Firefox configuration.

Adrian
Developer

#7 Post by Adrian »

Stevo wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:01 pm The only pro that I can see for the notification is that it told the absolute beginner how to get out of fullscreen if they were totally confounded by that, but I doubt that's many of our users. i wonder if we can add that tweak to our default Firefox configuration.
It should be obvious, pressing Esc to get out of something pretty much is the default behavior...

Mauser

#8 Post by Mauser »

Thank you very much Stevo on showing how to get rid of that retarded nuisance message. :number1:
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

Return to “Tips & Tricks by users”