Code: Select all
xfce4-panel -r &
1. Left click on the panel and choose Panel>Add New Items>Launcher.
2. Right click on the new icon in the panel which brings up a dialog.
3. Click on the fourth icon down on the right side, "Add a new empty item".
4. Put the command xfce4-panel -r & in the Command box and fill the other boxes as desired.
5. You can choose an icon for the launcher by clicking on the icon in this dialog.
You can then move the icon to a location of your choice in the panel.
Note that the command xfce4-panel -r & can also be run in a terminal.
EDIT: per d_o's comment the & is not needed.