Increase the resizing space for the windows in XFCE4?

Here is where you can post tips and tricks to share with other users of MX. Do not ask for help in this Forum.
Paul..

Re: Increase the resizing space for the windows in XFCE4?

#51 Post by Paul.. »

asqwerth wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:52 pm I already provided a download link to the above wm theme earlier in this thread.

Note that this is different from rich's adaptable "borders" wm theme, for which I also provided a separate download link.

viewtopic.php?p=479776#p479776
Yes, I think this "adaptable" wm theme (folder is just called "borders") is the best of Rich's. By using the color "FFFFFF" (white) in Background it seems to pick up (or adapt) to other themes.

If we drop this xfwm4 folder into whatever theme we want to package, and name it appropriately...that should do it, right?

EDIT: ha,ha...just saw rich's post on this...viewtopic.php?p=450794#p450794

Asus Prime X570-Pro | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
16 Gig DDR4 3600 | Radeon RX 5600 XT Graphics
Samsung 860 500GB SSDs (2)

asqwerth
Developer

#52 Post by asqwerth »

We could just package it as a window-decorations-only WM theme called "Adaptable Thick Borders", which is theme-independent and just shows up in the Window Manager settings.

It just needs to hold the xfwm4 folder.

The point is that I could be using any theme, e.g. adapta, Qogir, Vimix, Ant, and just decide I want thicker borders than the one that comes with the theme. Many of us try tons of different themes from xfce/gnome-look or opendesktop or elsewhere. We might like some theme but hate the skinny edges.

The multipurpose Borders theme is then applied and voila! grabbable edges restored! Granted we'll lose the window buttons that came with that theme's WM decorations, but colour scheme is maintained.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Paul..

#53 Post by Paul.. »

Perfect!...Thanks for putting it so clearly...

(I think it is kinda crazy that these themes interact in this way without some specified inheritance, but what the heck...!!! It works...)

Asus Prime X570-Pro | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
16 Gig DDR4 3600 | Radeon RX 5600 XT Graphics
Samsung 860 500GB SSDs (2)

Return to “Tips & Tricks by users”