Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Manuali MX-15 e MX-16 tradotti in Italiano

Forum italiano degli utenti MX
Spartak77

Manuali MX-15 e MX-16 tradotti in Italiano

#1 Post by Spartak77 »

Faccio presente, a chi non se ne fosse già accorto, che sono disponibili i manuali dell'utente di MX-15 e di MX-16 tradotti interamente in italiano.
Sono reperibili qui: https://mxlinux.org/wiki/help-files-oth ... anslations
Se avete qualche osservazione da fare, segnalatela pure su questo tread.
Anche se non ci fosse nulla da segnalare mi farebbe piacere sapere che qualcuno l'ha letto e gli è stato utile, o almeno la considera una risorsa importante.
Per portare a termine queste traduzioni ad opera mia e di Retrocomputer ci sono volute una montagna di ore ed è importante ricevere un riscontro che il lavoro fatto viene apprezzato ed è utile.
Sia io che retrocomputer abbiamo un lavoro a tempo pieno e famiglia, quindi il nostro tempo libero è piuttosto limitato, dedicarne una larga parte, per molti mesi alla traduzione comporta difficoltà e tensioni in famiglia.

Ad esempio per mia moglie la traduzione del manuale è vista come una inutile perdita di tempo.
Mia moglie usa volentieri MX-15 che ho installato nel suo computer. Non ha alcuna difficoltà ad usarlo perché tutti i piccoli problemi che può avere (può avere difficoltà anche a sostituire la cartuccia della stampante) vengono risolti da me.
Ovviamente lei non può capire l'utilità di un manuale, intanto perché non gli serve visto che ha accanto qualcuno che gli risolve qualsiasi problema e poi perché anche se gli servisse non lo leggerebbe nemmeno se la pagassi 10 euro a pagina, quindi è un lavoro inutile.

Ecco perché un feedback positivo da parte di chi lo legge è importante per me

Lo spazio in questa sezione del forum è destinata agli utenti italiani, qui potete scrivere esclusivamente nella nostra lingua, non serve tradurre poi in inglese come faccio io, lo faccio per abitudine.

I point out, to those who he had not already noticed, that are available the MX-15 and MX-16 user manuals translated entirely in Italian. You can find them here: https://mxlinux.org/wiki/help-files-oth ... anslations
Those who have some comments to make, write in this tread.
Even if you have nothing to report I would like to know that somebody has read the translation and has been helpful, or at least consider it an important resource.
It took a mountain of hours to do these translations by me and Retrocomputer and it is important to obtain that the work done is appreciated and useful.
Both me retrocomputer have a full-time job and family, therefore our free time is rather limited.
For us, to take a long time, for many months, to the translation involves difficulties and irritability in the family. For example for my wife the translation of the manual is seen as a waste of time for an unnecessary work. My wife uses willingly MX-15 that I have installed in his computer. She hasn't difficulty using it because all the little problems that may have (she may have difficulty even to replace the printer cartridge) are resolved by me.
Obviously she can not understand the usefulness of the manual because she does not need it for the reason that close to her there is someone who solves all his little problems and then because even if she should require the manual she would not read it not even if I paying her 10 euro for page. So it's a work unnecessary.

For this reason, a feedback from the readers is important for me

richb
Administrator

Re: Manuali MX-15 e MX-16 tradotti in Italiano

#2 Post by richb »

Come administartor del Forum e una prima generazione Italiana-Americana mi prenderò un privilegio personale di distacco qui. Apprezzo questa traduzione come voglio vedere MX utilizzato in tutto il mondo e soprattutto in Italia.
Sono stato con Linux per quasi 20 anni, Mepis e ora MX fin dall'inizio. Anche io riferisco al manuale e wiki, in Inglese naturalmente, quando ho bisogno di aiuto. Quindi è molto prezioso.
Grazie per il buon lavoro e spero di continuare.

Dal momento che ho molto povera italiana che ho usato Google translate.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Spartak77

#3 Post by Spartak77 »

Hi Richb,
Grazie per il tuo incoraggiamento.. ;)

Jerry3904
Administrator

#4 Post by Jerry3904 »

Il tuo lavoro è molto importante e molto apprezzato. E anch'io conosco l'accusa di un inutile spreco di tempo...
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Spartak77

#5 Post by Spartak77 »

E anch'io conosco l'accusa di un inutile spreco di tempo...
Si jerry, ci posso credere. Mentre scrivevo riguardo i problemi in famiglia ti pensavo Jerry perché ovviamente il tempo che dedichi tu è molto, molto maggiore del mio. E' come un lavoro a tempo pieno. La stessa cosa vale per gli sviluppatori e diversi altri volontari che tengono in piedi la distribuzione.
E' un problema, un problema comune...eppure io non riesco a fare solo cose concrete e utili per me e la mia famiglia...mi manca qualcosa, ho bisogno di sentire che lascio un segno, un piccolo segno nella società.

Yes Jerry, I can believe. While I am writing about the family problems I was thinking you, Jerry, because obviously the time that you spend is much, much, greater than mine. It is as a full-time job. The same thing can be similar for developers and several other volunteers that support the distribution.
It's a problem, a common problem ... but I cannot just do something concrete and useful for me and my family ... I feel I'm missing something, I need to feel that I leave a sign, a little sign in the society.

Jerry3904
Administrator

#6 Post by Jerry3904 »

Non potrei mai cominciare a spiegare il motivo per cui lo faccio, anche a me stesso...

I couldn't even begin to explain the reason why I do it, even to myself...
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

bicyclist56

#7 Post by bicyclist56 »

Spartak77, mi congratulo per il completamento del trasferimento della Guida per l'utente. Ora io non sono uno :) Anche se ero molto più facile, io non lavoro da nessuna parte, e non ho più tempo.
MX-18: Intel Celeron C1037U 8GB RAM 2x120GB SSD
MX-18: Intel Core i5-3317U 4GB RAM 32GB SSD
Slax-9: Intel Core i5-3317U 4GB RAM 8GB SSD
No Windows!
My blog (Russian) - https://bicyclist56.blogspot.com/p/mx-linux.html

Old Giza

#8 Post by Old Giza »

I congratulate you too! Makes me wonder ...

Assuming I understand the installation process (a big if), is there a way that if the user, on booting the live media, presses F2 to conduct the session in one of the languages for which we have a translated user manual, then that manual is made available (in the live session, and on install) instead of the default English? This would put the wonderful efforts of our translators up front. Sometimes people don't know enough, or aren't motivated enough, to go through the few clicks necessary to get something that would be really useful to them. It has to be put right in front of them. (The MXPI is another instance that has been discussed elsewhere.)

I guess you could object maybe some users would want the English manual anyway because they would feel more comfortable doing the install with it because they are used to the English tehnical terms. It could be made available too, if necessary.

It would be another 1/2 meg or so per language for the html version I think. Would there be room for that?

Gordon Cooper

#9 Post by Gordon Cooper »

Thanks O.G., that is something to think about. One of the issues that could cause problems is the images/screen shots. These total about 8 MB, thus making a manual
in HTML close to 9 MB. Tied to the same thing is that some of the screen shots are in English, yes they could be translated but this could perhaps mean that MX itself
should also be translated for use on a computer working in that language. Or is this muddled thinking by me?
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

Spartak77

#10 Post by Spartak77 »

@bicyclist56
Hi bicyclist, I admire and envy you for the speed with which answer to the updates of the manual and distro localization. I imagine that you have more time, but I must say that the translation from English into Russian is certainly more difficult than from English into Italian....Bravo!

@ Old Giza and Gordon Cooper
is there a way that if the user, on booting the live media, presses F2 to conduct the session in one of the languages for which we have a translated user manual, then that manual is made available (in the live session, and on install) instead of the default English?
I think it would be very well valued for non-English userse if the translated manual could be seen immediately through MX Welcome. It is true that with a couple of clicks you can download the manual from online site, but having it available with MX Welcome would have a psychological effect of feeling at home.

The images in the English language are not a problem for me. I have limited myself to change only those of the installation process because it is one of the most difficult things for a beginner.
The other pictures are understandable even if you leave them in English because the language difference of the items/technical terms is not so great, and also looking the position in the picture of the items you understand everything very well. This speech is good for the Italian (and I think many other languages) but perhaps for the Russian language (which has a different alphabet) the problem is felt more.

Return to “Forum Italiano”