password x live = mx14b2

ed0d21a30a29008716025fac5e713db6 mx32k.iso.md5

Eadwine Rose
Administrator

Re: New Mepis-Antix MX 14 B2 remixmy with KDE it/en

#2 Post by Eadwine Rose »

Great news Francofait!!

Can you give us the md5sum? :happy:
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-18-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy 5030

Jerry3904
Administrator

#3 Post by Jerry3904 »

Running it live to post this--it certainly deserves a look from the KDE-hungry on the Forum.

Nice work, francofait!
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Stevo
Developer

#4 Post by Stevo »

I'll have to take a look at it, too!

BTW, Systemback has been backported to the MEPIS 12 test CR, along with the Gambas 3 upgrade that it requires. I haven't had the time to play with it yet, but it seems very handy and I'll have to see how the remaster feature works.

JimC

#5 Post by JimC »

Can I install it with English as the language? Unfortunately, I can't even figure out where the install choice is, much less how to change the language so I can read it. lol

I did get it running in a Virtual Machine under VirtualBox (after figuring out it needed the PAE box checked in settings for it to work), and it looks very nice.

But, I just can't read anything in the menus, or figure out how to install it, as I do not speak or read Italian. Sorry about that. :-)

So, if there's an easy way to install it using English as the language choice, I'd love to give it a try, as it looks like you spent a lot of time refining it from what I can tell on the surface.

IOW, I need to know how to start the installer for it (as I can't even figure out where it is, since the menu choices are in Italian), and if the screen that allows you to select a language is not very obvious, then more detail on how to select English would be appreciated, too.

lucky9

#6 Post by lucky9 »

I don't have the .iso, but there should be an F key that will allow the choice of English. F7 is used in antiX I think.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

francofait

#7 Post by francofait »

1) The procedure to install OS active in live mode is automatically activated through the 'boot Systemback present in Mepis 12 in the folder of the software system administrator.
2) In this iso the default language is 'it', restoring to 'en' is feasible both from a terminal that MEPIS sistem assistent - Mepis System Assistant is accessible from menu 'settings'

3) If you do not hurry, my intention here also make available the 'iso version en / it, then it defaults to English was and remains.

4)in Mepis Antix MX-14 B2 remixmy with KDE it / en, the button with the 'icon SystemBack is positioned and visible link in the panel

JimC

#8 Post by JimC »

I think I'll wait until you make an English version of it available, as I don't understand how to change the language settings using the Mepis Assistants.

Thanks for your efforts.

joany

#9 Post by joany »

JimC wrote:I think I'll wait until you make an English version of it available, as I don't understand how to change the language settings using the Mepis Assistants.

Thanks for your efforts.
I believe you can also change languages with KDE System Settings > Country/Region & Language. I don't know whether you can set the language in the Live CD and make them stick in the installation, or if you have to install the Live CD in Italian and change over to English after the installation is complete. I think I'll download the remix and see for myself.

BTW, I really like the wallpaper that comes with this remix (I've always preferred earth tones and yellowy backgrounds over dark blue).
MX-14; 3.12-0.bpo.1-686-pae kernel using 4GB RAM
2.4GHz AMD Athlon 4600+
NVidia GeForce 6150 LE; 304.121 Display Driver
You didn't slow down because you're old; you're old because you slowed down.

JimC

#10 Post by JimC »

joany wrote:
JimC wrote:I think I'll wait until you make an English version of it available, as I don't understand how to change the language settings using the Mepis Assistants.

Thanks for your efforts.
I believe you can also change languages with KDE System Settings > Country/Region & Language. I don't know whether you can set the language in the Live CD and make them stick in the installation, or if you have to install the Live CD in Italian and change over to English after the installation is complete. I think I'll download the remix and see for myself.
I can't even figure out how to start the installer, much less change the language. I think I stumbled into System Settings (after lots of trial and error trying to figure out how to get to it), and I think I even figured out how to select English (shown as inglese americano, which I can move to the preferred language column). But, I can't even figure out which button to use to logout and back in again to see if it changes in the live session (and I have not figured out how to start the installer either).

So, in my case, it's probably better to wait for an English translation of it, so I can at least try to figure out what the menu choices are for and how to install it. ;-)
BTW, I really like the wallpaper that comes with this remix (I've always preferred earth tones and yellowy backgrounds over dark blue).
It does look very nice from what I can see loading it in virtual box (just running it live). So, I'd definitely want to try an installation of it to see how well it runs (but, again, in my case, it's probably better to wait until there's a download available with English set as the default language).

Return to “Forum Italiano”