-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

[Solved]MX Updater, Updates ausblenden?

Eadwine Rose
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: [Solved]MX Updater, Updates ausblenden? [nicht möglich]

#11 Post by Eadwine Rose » Fri May 11, 2018 9:45 am

linwinux wrote:@Fehlix
@richb
@Eadwine Rose

I hope I'm not offending you here, but those google translator translations are sometimes so bad that I truly can't figure out what's being said, because the longer the paragraph, the more garbled the translations become. The German language is one of the most "exhaustive" languages in the world, with many many words having 3 and even 4 different meanings, depending on how they're used within a specific sentence structure. My wife and I use google Translate too, for Italien & Polish people whom we sometimes (rarely) do business with. We've been told that google translations work best for individual sentences with relatively basic vocabulary. As soon as you start writing entire paragraphs with professional/technical information, those translations rapidly begin to deteriorate ... especially where very specific foreign technical terminology is being utilized.

In computer lingo, Software = Programme = Anwendungen = Pakete = Software = The potential for a Paragraph with Postal, Television, Utilities, and/or Software related information.
(just as an example) Again, it's not a diss at all, but those translations are giving me a headache sometimes, and other times I just give up. :frown:

Be glad we are even willing to participate, to make the effort, instead of leaving all other languages just be. You're not obligated to read and/or answer any of those long "headache inducing" posts. We're not here to cater to just you, and IMHO you're making it come across right now like we should.
MX-17.1_x64 Horizon 14-3-2018 * 4.15.0-1-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.12.3 * AMD Asus M4A785TD-V EVO AM3 * ASUS GF GT640-1GD5-L NVIDIA 384.130 * AMD Proc. Athl II X4 635, sAM3 * HDA ATI SB VT1708S An * 2x4Gb DDR3 1600 Kingst * 22" Samsung SyncM P2250 * HP F2280

linwinux

#12 Post by linwinux » Fri May 11, 2018 10:11 am

Well, so much for not becoming offended. I even provided an actual written example so you can see first hand where lengthy translations can veer off in different directions. The only point that I was trying to drive home, is the FACT that lengthy translations come up with the MOST amount of ERRORS. So instead of writing lengthy paragraphs, what's wrong with just fairly simple, not so large sentences, if the result thereof is more accurate? All that's required is a little extra copying/pasting and a little care. How's pointing that out a bad thing ... Now who's being overly sensitive ...

Jerry3904
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#13 Post by Jerry3904 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:51 am

<deleted this post as no longer necessary>
Last edited by Jerry3904 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: no longer needed
Production: 4.15.0-1-amd64, MX-17.1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, Kingston SSD 120 GB and WesternDigital 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.15.0-1-386. MX-17.1, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB

Kulmbacher
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Re: [Solved]MX Updater, Updates ausblenden?

#14 Post by Kulmbacher » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:58 am

edited Post 1

Return to “Deutsches Forum”