[Solved]MX Updater, Updates ausblenden?

Eadwine Rose
Administrator

Re: [Solved]MX Updater, Updates ausblenden? [nicht möglich]

#11 Post by Eadwine Rose »

linwinux wrote:@Fehlix
@richb
@Eadwine Rose

I hope I'm not offending you here, but those google translator translations are sometimes so bad that I truly can't figure out what's being said, because the longer the paragraph, the more garbled the translations become. The German language is one of the most "exhaustive" languages in the world, with many many words having 3 and even 4 different meanings, depending on how they're used within a specific sentence structure. My wife and I use google Translate too, for Italien & Polish people whom we sometimes (rarely) do business with. We've been told that google translations work best for individual sentences with relatively basic vocabulary. As soon as you start writing entire paragraphs with professional/technical information, those translations rapidly begin to deteriorate ... especially where very specific foreign technical terminology is being utilized.

In computer lingo, Software = Programme = Anwendungen = Pakete = Software = The potential for a Paragraph with Postal, Television, Utilities, and/or Software related information.
(just as an example) Again, it's not a diss at all, but those translations are giving me a headache sometimes, and other times I just give up. :frown:

Be glad we are even willing to participate, to make the effort, instead of leaving all other languages just be. You're not obligated to read and/or answer any of those long "headache inducing" posts. We're not here to cater to just you, and IMHO you're making it come across right now like we should.
MX-23.2_x64 July 31 2023 * 6.1.0-18-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.18.1 * 8core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 525.147.05 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy 5030

linwinux

#12 Post by linwinux »

Well, so much for not becoming offended. I even provided an actual written example so you can see first hand where lengthy translations can veer off in different directions. The only point that I was trying to drive home, is the FACT that lengthy translations come up with the MOST amount of ERRORS. So instead of writing lengthy paragraphs, what's wrong with just fairly simple, not so large sentences, if the result thereof is more accurate? All that's required is a little extra copying/pasting and a little care. How's pointing that out a bad thing ... Now who's being overly sensitive ...

Jerry3904
Administrator

#13 Post by Jerry3904 »

<deleted this post as no longer necessary>
Last edited by Jerry3904 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: no longer needed
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

Kulmbacher

Re: [Solved]MX Updater, Updates ausblenden?

#14 Post by Kulmbacher »

edited Post 1
they called him, the fish!

Return to “Deutsches Forum”