MX 17 & 18 Repository: the birdtray thread

mmikeinsantarosa
Developer

Re: MX 17 & 18 Repository: the birdtray thread

#11 Post by mmikeinsantarosa »

I just sent birdtray-1.5-1~mx17+1 up to go into test. I tested it in a VM and it seemed to work. When setting what folder to monitor, I did a browse and then pasted in the path to my thunderbird email folder: "/home/<user>/.thunderbird/ls4yrawa.default/"

Give it a day or so to show up in the repos. If you can't wait, pm me and I'll send you a link to a zipped set of debs to test.

- mike
LT: MX19.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#12 Post by JayM »

1.5.1 still has the file browser issue of not being able to show or open hidden directories, and so does the newest version, 1.6, that I'd gotten from github and compiled. 1.5.1 does work though.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

mmikeinsantarosa
Developer

#13 Post by mmikeinsantarosa »

JayM wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:44 pm 1.5.1 still has the file browser issue of not being able to show or open hidden directories, and so does the newest version, 1.6, that I'd gotten from github and compiled. 1.5.1 does work though.
thanks for the test post - mike
LT: MX19.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#14 Post by JayM »

FYI I was finally able to create a GitHub account and I filed a bug report about the file browser issue.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

mmikeinsantarosa
Developer

#15 Post by mmikeinsantarosa »

JayM wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:35 am FYI I was finally able to create a GitHub account and I filed a bug report about the file browser issue.
nice!

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#16 Post by JayM »

I found that if you right-click on an empty space in the file browser there's an option in the actions menu to show hidden files.

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#17 Post by JayM »

Eadwine Rose wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:21 am Another option, instead of birdtray, is xul-ext-firetray. It works just peachy with TB. Of course you might not want this, but I am just throwing it out here, in case :)
I decided to try this instead of birdtray so I installed xul-ext-firetray and also xulrunner-22.0 but (dumb question time) how do I start it and configure it? I can't find anything xul-like in the Whisker menu and in a terminal I get "command not found". I don't know anything about Xul except from the movie Ghostbusters. :)

mmikeinsantarosa
Developer

#18 Post by mmikeinsantarosa »

JayM wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:55 pm
Eadwine Rose wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:21 am Another option, instead of birdtray, is xul-ext-firetray. It works just peachy with TB. Of course you might not want this, but I am just throwing it out here, in case :)
I decided to try this instead of birdtray so I installed xul-ext-firetray and also xulrunner-22.0 but (dumb question time) how do I start it and configure it? I can't find anything xul-like in the Whisker menu and in a terminal I get "command not found". I don't know anything about Xul except from the movie Ghostbusters. :)
It didn't want to install in a VM so I'm looking for parts to rebuild it. Along the way I found this. You try this yet?
edit: I found the parts for a version 24.8 although repology says it's up to 41.2. I'll see if it'll build, install and run.

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#19 Post by JayM »

FYI I don't particularly care about using xulrunner, I just wanted to try that firetray email notifier that Eadwine Rose mentioned instead of birdtray. While birdtray is working OK for me, I had to add a short delay before it autostarts to get it to autostart at all, and when it runs it automatically opens then hides thunderbird, and when that happens thunderbird steals the focus from whatever else I'm trying to do such as enter my root password for MXPI which is becoming annoying. So I thought I'd investigate alternative solutions to email notifiers.

Mishimainizu

#20 Post by Mishimainizu »

JayM wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:15 am So I thought I'd investigate alternative solutions to email notifiers.
If only Mailnag http://www.webupd8.org/2016/03/mailnag- ... -with.html could be used with XFCE, it would be the best of all in my opinion.

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX 17/18”