MX 17/18 Repository: The Hedgewars (Restored!) Thread

Stevo
Developer

MX 17/18 Repository: The Hedgewars (Restored!) Thread

#1 Post by Stevo »

Since stretch-backports has the latest version, and since MXPI makes installing that version easy, we've decided to pull the older from our own repo to free up space and save bandwidth. We'll add newer versions if they become available until they are duplicated in backports.
Last edited by Stevo on Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

radissthor

Re: MX 17 Repository: The Hedgewars (removal) Thread

#2 Post by radissthor »

Stevo wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:44 pm Since stretch-backports has the latest version, and since MXPI makes installing that version easy, we've decided to pull the older from our own repo to free up space and save bandwidth. We'll add newer versions if they become available until they are duplicated in backports.
Hi! Hedgewars released the version 0.9.25, but the latest package on the Debian backports is still 0.9.24. Any chance of getting the newest version for MX?

By the way, I know there debian package is already available: https://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/h ... s/download
so maybe it could be a matter of updating the debian backport list?

Thanks in advance

Stevo
Developer

Re: MX 17 Repository: The Hedgewars (removal) Thread

#3 Post by Stevo »

radissthor wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:18 am
Stevo wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:44 pm Since stretch-backports has the latest version, and since MXPI makes installing that version easy, we've decided to pull the older from our own repo to free up space and save bandwidth. We'll add newer versions if they become available until they are duplicated in backports.
Hi! Hedgewars released the version 0.9.25, but the latest package on the Debian backports is still 0.9.24. Any chance of getting the newest version for MX?

By the way, I know there debian package is already available: https://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/h ... s/download
so maybe it could be a matter of updating the debian backport list?

Thanks in advance
Just pulling the packages from Sid is not how backports work...they have to be rebuilt from the source code against our stable libraries to make sure they are compatible. So a Debian packager has to do that for stretch-backports.

I'll take a look at backporting 0.9.25 from upstream for our own repo, since backports doesn't have it yet. We now have expanded the repo to give us much more room.

Stevo
Developer

Re: MX 17 Repository: The Hedgewars (restored?) Thread

#4 Post by Stevo »

Well, the first try at a backport on generic Stretch fails with:

Code: Select all

-- Found PhysFS: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libphysfs.so  
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:230 (message):
  PhysFS version is too old (detected 2.0.3, required 3.0.0)

Perform an update of PhysFS to fix this.
Those type of problems are not uncommon; let me see if we already have a backport of libphysfs-dev (>= 3.0.0) available...nope. Let's see if I can backport that.

Stevo
Developer

#5 Post by Stevo »

Ported over libphysfs-dev 3.0.1 from stretch-backports, and that fixed the build, but Hedgewars was still pulling in the older Stretch libphysfs1--no version on the "Depends". Am adding a version on that dependency to fix that and rebuilding. It did work in my tests with the newer version of libphysfs, not with the older, so I just have to make sure it pulls in the new version.

Update: that worked, uploading it and the newer libphysfs packages now.

Update 2: Can be downloaded early here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MlH7_ ... CxA1fqPMnj
Will be in test repo soon.

radissthor

#6 Post by radissthor »

Stevo wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:07 pm Ported over libphysfs-dev 3.0.1 from stretch-backports, and that fixed the build, but Hedgewars was still pulling in the older Stretch libphysfs1--no version on the "Depends". Am adding a version on that dependency to fix that and rebuilding. It did work in my tests with the newer version of libphysfs, not with the older, so I just have to make sure it pulls in the new version.

Update: that worked, uploading it and the newer libphysfs packages now.

Update 2: Can be downloaded early here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MlH7_ ... CxA1fqPMnj
Will be in test repo soon.
Thanks a lot for the effort Stevo! I downloaded the file and was able to install the data package successfully. However, the MXPI tells me there is a dependency error with libphysfs1 (needs to be equal or greater than 3.0.0). Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: I just realized the libphysfs deb file was also in the folder. I installed that and I was then able to install hedgewars 0.9.25. It is working! Thanks

radissthor

Re: MX 17 Repository: The Hedgewars (Restored!) Thread

#7 Post by radissthor »

Bump!

Hello! Hedgewars version 1.0.0 is (finally) out. Any chance it could be added to the MX repos?

Thanks in advance.

Stevo
Developer

Re: MX 17/18 Repository: The Hedgewars (Restored!) Thread

#8 Post by Stevo »

We now have 1.0.0 in the MX 17/18 test repo! Can you give it a test to see how it works? I built MX 19 versions, too, and those work for me.

radissthor

Re: MX 17/18 Repository: The Hedgewars (Restored!) Thread

#9 Post by radissthor »

Stevo wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:14 pm We now have 1.0.0 in the MX 17/18 test repo! Can you give it a test to see how it works? I built MX 19 versions, too, and those work for me.
It works! Thanks Stevo

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX 17/18”