-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

MX 17 Repository: The Quod Libet (music player) Thread

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

MX 17 Repository: The Quod Libet (music player) Thread

#1 Post by Stevo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:14 pm

We now have the latest 4.2.0 release of the lightweight Quod Libet player in our test repository, along with exfalso 4.2.0.

The cover grid browser, giving an even more visual anchor for libraries

Quod Libet’s queue in action, and its handling of multiple browser windows
Quod Libet is a GTK+-based audio player written in Python, using the Mutagen tagging library. It’s designed around the idea that you know how to organize your music better than we do. It lets you make playlists based on regular expressions (don’t worry, regular searches work too). It lets you display and edit any tags you want in the file, for all the file formats it supports.

Unlike some, Quod Libet will scale to libraries with tens of thousands of songs. It also supports most of the features you’d expect from a modern media player: Unicode support, advanced tag editing, Replay Gain, podcasts & Internet radio, album art support and all major audio formats - see the screenshots.

Ex Falso is a program that uses the same tag editing back-end as Quod Libet, but isn’t connected to an audio player. If you’re perfectly happy with your favorite player and just want something that can handle tagging, Ex Falso is for you.

Gaer Boy
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Re: MX 17 Repository: The Quod Libet (music player) Thread

#2 Post by Gaer Boy » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:01 pm

Thanks, Stevo. Quod Libet is my audio player of choice, so I will check this out as soon as I have time later this week.

Phil

AsRock FM2A88X-ITX+, A8-6500, 8GB, 120GB Samsung SSD (GPT), 1TB HDD (MBR), MX-17.1
Lenovo Thinkpad X220, dual-core i5, 3MB, 320GB Hitachi HDD, Win7, MX-17.1

zorzi
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: MX 17 Repository: The Quod Libet (music player) Thread

#3 Post by zorzi » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:19 pm

Great. Thanks
Desktop: HP Pavilion a6435 (Athlon64 2x 2,6Ghz, Radeon R7-240, Ram 4 Go, HD 500 Go) / MX Linux 17

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX 17”