MX 17/18 Repository: The Waterfox Thread (64-bit only)

Stevo
Developer

MX 17/18 Repository: The Waterfox Thread (64-bit only)

#1 Post by Stevo »

After several requests and waiting for some required build-depends to appear for Stretch, we've now managed to rebuild Waterfox browser 56.2.5 from the source code on 64-bit for our test repository.

This is a test build, so please let us know how it installs and runs if you give it a try. Thanks!

Last edited by Stevo on Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zorzi

Re: MX 17 Repository: The Waterfox Thread (64-bit only)

#2 Post by zorzi »

Hi Stevo,

Does this mean that Waterfox shall be available soon in official Debian Stretch repositories ?

EDIT: Sorry, I hadn't read this other thread:

viewtopic.php?f=108&t=46806

It seems that MX will now provide its own Waterfox build to avoid WF repos changes troubles.

Thanks for the job

PondLife

#3 Post by PondLife »

Thanks for the work you have put into this, had no idea what I was starting with my original Waterfox repositories post. Have updated to 56.2.5-0.1~mx17+1 through the MXPI test repo, as soon as the download finished waterfox-locale landed in MX updater, and have used Waterfox for the past hour with no problems at all.

wulf

#4 Post by wulf »

Works like a charm :)

zorzi

#5 Post by zorzi »

Works well since a few hours.

NevilsStation

#6 Post by NevilsStation »

Selecting Bifocal here:
https://www.zennioptical.com/orderGlass ... IsBundled=
The settings are greyed-out.
Web Developer - Web Console flags this:
This site appears to use a scroll-linked positioning effect. This may not work well with asynchronous panning; see https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozi ... kedEffects for further details and to join the discussion on related tools and features!
Any chance Waterfox has a work-around?
Brave doesn't appear to be available for MX-17
I hate to load Chromium as I'm trying to keep this laptop clear of google or microsoft.
Custom-built PC w/i7 CPU running MX-16.

Guido

#7 Post by Guido »

Thanks for this Stevo. You've saved me a bunch of time.

Since you're a WF fan, let me ask how you get around the websites that think it's an out-of-date browser. Are you using a User Agent plugin? I spent some time a while ago looking for one that had recent data, but gave up. Any suggestions?

@NevilsStation: Are you running uMatrix, CookieMonster, or NoScript? Especially, the Noscript settings can be tricky. Check the last blocked script when you load the site and see if it's blocking a hidden script. Or you can do like I do, and call the company with credit card.

NevilsStation

#8 Post by NevilsStation »

Guido wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:30 pm @NevilsStation: Are you running uMatrix, CookieMonster, or NoScript? Especially, the Noscript settings can be tricky. Check the last blocked script when you load the site and see if it's blocking a hidden script. Or you can do like I do, and call the company with credit card.
Turned off the only 2 Add-Ons and Reloaded. No joy.

OK re. phone and CC.

I'm hoping there will be a workaround - either the site fixed it's code to be less dependent on proprietary browsers or Waterfox manages it better.

Thanks

Guido

#9 Post by Guido »

@Nevilstation: Which settings are we talking about. I'm running the previous version of Waterfox (compiled myself) with uMatrix, cookiemonster, ghostery, and a bunch of other plugins running. The site you listed seems to work fine. I didn't actually place an order for glasses, but I could play with the settings, unless we're talking about some other form of settings.

NevilsStation

#10 Post by NevilsStation »

If you select glasses model 264912, then select Prescription -> Bifocal, there should be a dropdown for the specific Bifocal settings.
On my setup the actual fields are all greyed-out.

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX 17/18”