Pachage Request - Hledger - newer version

plzd

Pachage Request - Hledger - newer version

#1 Post by plzd »

...The last I checked hledger's latest stable version is 1.5 or so, MX17 (Debian 9?) has 1.0, would it be possible to update?

THANKS to everyone involved for MX17!
Dell E6220 i7 2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz Intel Sandybridge Mobile 8GB Ram 128GB SSD - 23" Acer G235h Monitor

Stevo
Developer

Re: Pachage Request - Hledger - newer version

#2 Post by Stevo »

Debian Testing has 1.5, but sometimes Haskell language programs are a real headache to backport--let's see what happens. I also see that 1.10 is the current release.

Stevo
Developer

#3 Post by Stevo »

Hmmm--we're missing some of the necessary build packages. No telling if those will in turn need even more to build:

Code: Select all

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy : Depends: libghc-here-dev which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package

Depends: libghc-here-prof which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package

Depends: libghc-hledger-lib-dev (>= 1.5) but 1.0.1-1+b1 is to be installed
                                 Depends: libghc-utility-ht-dev (>= 0.0.13) but 0.0.12-3 is to be installed
                                 Depends: libghc-here-doc which is a virtual package and is not provided by any available package

Stevo
Developer

#4 Post by Stevo »

Actually, those missing packages were covered in only three extra backports, so I did those first, and the build succeeded. I don't know how to use it, so I'm sending it to the test repo for you to play guinea pig.

plzd

#5 Post by plzd »

Stevo wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:01 pm Actually, those missing packages were covered in only three extra backports, so I did those first, and the build succeeded. I don't know how to use it, so I'm sending it to the test repo for you to play guinea pig.
@Stevo
SCARY FAST!!!! THANKS!!!! :number1:

So far it checks out great!!!! I realize that this is NOT a very popular app, so I'm in shock that it was DONE so fast... Wow, wow, wow ...

BTW, I did try to download/install their latest version using the script(s) they provide on the Hledger site, but ya, to no avail. Probably due to other dependencies as you found out -- so I did try to update on my own before requesting -- just so you know. :happy:

Thanks again.
Dell E6220 i7 2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz Intel Sandybridge Mobile 8GB Ram 128GB SSD - 23" Acer G235h Monitor

plzd

#6 Post by plzd »

Stevo wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:01 pm Actually, those missing packages were covered in only three extra backports, so I did those first, and the build succeeded. I don't know how to use it, so I'm sending it to the test repo for you to play guinea pig.
@Stevo

I really hate to bother you again, but I failed to request one other accompanying app update that pairs with hledger, there's some others but, the one I really need is hledger-ui. I REALLY APPRECIATE your kind help.

Stevo
Developer

#7 Post by Stevo »

No problem! I'll look at it.

Since I learned how to do builds and cross-architecture package builds in pbuilder instead of firing up Virtual Box instances, it takes a lot less time and effort to do more complex backports like this.

Stevo
Developer

#8 Post by Stevo »

Well, the -ui package is not backportable. It required a newer libghc-brick, and the Buster version of that needs a whole lot of additional backports. I tried the older brick versions from debian snapshots that only need a few backports, but after doing that, the builds all failed with a technical compiler error:

src/Brick/AttrMap.hs:153:15: error:
    * The constructor `Attr' should have 4 arguments, but has been given 3
    * In the pattern: Attr s1 f1 b1
      In an equation for `combineAttrs':
          combineAttrs (Attr s1 f1 b1) (Attr s2 f2 b2)
            = Attr
                (s1 `combineMDs` s2) (f1 `combineMDs` f2) (b1 `combineMDs` b2)
/usr/share/cdbs/1/class/hlibrary.mk:147: recipe for target 'build-ghc-stamp' failed
As plan B, I tried backporting the additional larger set of packages needed for the Buster brick package, but one of those ended up having a different compiler failure...so I'm at a dead end.

plzd

#9 Post by plzd »

Stevo wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:18 pm Well, the -ui package is not backportable. It required a newer libghc-brick, and the Buster version of that needs a whole lot of additional backports. I tried the older brick versions from debian snapshots that only need a few backports, but after doing that, the builds all failed with a technical compiler error:

src/Brick/AttrMap.hs:153:15: error:
    * The constructor `Attr' should have 4 arguments, but has been given 3
    * In the pattern: Attr s1 f1 b1
      In an equation for `combineAttrs':
          combineAttrs (Attr s1 f1 b1) (Attr s2 f2 b2)
            = Attr
                (s1 `combineMDs` s2) (f1 `combineMDs` f2) (b1 `combineMDs` b2)
/usr/share/cdbs/1/class/hlibrary.mk:147: recipe for target 'build-ghc-stamp' failed
As plan B, I tried backporting the additional larger set of packages needed for the Buster brick package, but one of those ended up having a different compiler failure...so I'm at a dead end.

@Stevo
THANK YOU for all you efforts regardless, very much appreciated. :happy:

plzd

#10 Post by plzd »

...So might there be a chance for updating hledger now? Stable version of hledger is presently at 1.14.

Hoping at least for pkgs: hledger, hledger-ui, hledger-web to be upgraded.

Thank you.

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX 17/18”