-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

Package Request - Cartes du Ciel (SkyChart)

JeffA
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Package Request - Cartes du Ciel (SkyChart)

#1 Post by JeffA » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:50 am

Cartes du Ciel
https://www.ap-i.net/skychart/en/start
This program enables you to draw sky charts, making use of the data in many catalogs of stars and nebulae. In addition the position of planets, asteroids and comets are shown.

The purpose of this program is to prepare different sky maps for a particular observation. A large number of parameters help you to choose specifically or automatically which catalogs to use, the colour and the dimension of stars and nebulae, the representation of planets, the display of labels and coordinate grids, the superposition of pictures, the condition of visibility and more. All these features make this celestial atlas more complete than a conventional planetarium.
I've been using the beta of this for years, first on Windows, now on Linux. Lighter weight and worked great on my computer that didn't meet the minimum requirements for Stellarium, but still has all the features I want including things like simply finding sun and moon rise and set times I couldn't seem to find in Stellarium. It's easy to install from the .deb download (https://sourceforge.net/projects/skychart/files/0-beta/) after installing the dependency libpasastro, as it details on the download page.

I've been using on MX and it works great, just thought maybe I should officially request it since I suggested it on another thread.

nanoSYS
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Re: Package Request - Cartes du Ciel (SkyChart)

#2 Post by nanoSYS » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:17 pm

I support that.
:crossfingers:
Cheers.

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX 17”