-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

MX-17 package update proposal: "Ring - A GNU package" (a Free Software alternative to Skype)

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: MX-17 package update proposal: "Ring - A GNU package" (a Free Software alternative to Skype)

#31 Post by Stevo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:49 pm

I got a successful build of the 20180228 version in Buster, but only after adding our test repo to use a newer ffmpeg 3.4.X version. It's not noted in the build-depends, but builds against ffmpeg before 3.4 fail. Uploading now.

MX-16_fan
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: MX-17 package update proposal: "Ring - A GNU package" (a Free Software alternative to Skype)

#32 Post by MX-16_fan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:05 am

@Stevo:
Stevo wrote:(...) But I'll take a look at ring.
Thanks a lot! Btw. Ring can serve as a SIP client AKA "softphone" also (cf. https://ring.cx/en/documentation/faq#node-65), so you get two communication options all with one package, and can reach normal telephones from anywhere at low cost (provided that you choose a cheap SIP provider) :happy:.

Greetings, and have a nice week, Joe

MX-16_fan
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#33 Post by MX-16_fan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:07 am

@Stevo:
Stevo wrote:I got a successful build of the 20180228 version in Buster, but only after adding our test repo to use a newer ffmpeg 3.4.X version. It's not noted in the build-depends, but builds against ffmpeg before 3.4 fail. Uploading now.
Extremely cool. Thanks a lot! I'll be happy to test it and report on the results. Greetings, Joe

MX-16_fan
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#34 Post by MX-16_fan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:48 am

@Stevo:

I can install the Ring daemon you packaged (20180228.1.503da2b~ds1-1~mx17+1), but not the GUI:

Terminal tells me:

Code: Select all

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 ring : Depends: libegl1 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
Repairing broken packages in Synaptic and retrying the installation there, Synaptic gives me

Code: Select all

ring:
 Hängt ab von: libebackend-1.2-10, aber es wird nicht installiert
 Hängt ab von: libebook-1.2-16, aber es wird nicht installiert
 Hängt ab von: libebook-contacts-1.2-2, aber es wird nicht installiert
 Hängt ab von: libedata-book-1.2-25, aber es wird nicht installiert
 Hängt ab von: libegl1  but it is not installable

Greetings, Joe

dr-kart
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#35 Post by dr-kart » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:33 am

Failed to install ring + ring-daemon from test repo.
libegl1 can not be installed.

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#36 Post by Stevo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:43 pm

I'll look into the problem. It appears that libegl1 is not in Stretch or MX repos, yet, but is in stretch-backports, so hopefully a simple port of the backports version will fix that issue.

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#37 Post by Stevo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:10 pm

An attempt to install libegl1 from the backports repo want to remove most of my system. This might be another screwup on the part of backports. In the meantime, I'll see if we really need libegl1 as a dependency for ring.

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#38 Post by Stevo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:41 pm

It appears that I accidently has the mesa experimental repo attached to my pbuilder machines when I built the packages, so that's where that weird dependency came from. I'll rebuild it without that repo hooked on. I'll see if regular Debian users have the same issue with libegl1 from backports.

MX-16_fan
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#39 Post by MX-16_fan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:45 pm

@Stevo:
Stevo wrote:It appears that I accidently has the mesa experimental repo attached to my pbuilder machines when I built the packages, so that's where that weird dependency came from. I'll rebuild it without that repo hooked on. (...)
Thanks! Greetings, Joe

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#40 Post by Stevo » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:31 pm

I just tested, and the new mx17+2 version will install from the test repo now. It will also pull in a few libraries from the test repo ffmpeg 3.4.2 build, because it needs that version.

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX 17”