MX 17/18 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

asqwerth
Developer

Re: MX 17 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#11 Post by asqwerth »

The developer has announced the release of version 1.4 after the testing period:
dporobic wrote:Ksnip v1.4.0 has been released:

https://github.com/DamirPorobic/ksnip/r ... tag/v1.4.0
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

dporobic

#12 Post by dporobic »

asqwerth wrote:It works, but I'm not sure I like that new X and Y cross hairs thingy for selecting area.
richb wrote:Working for me as well. And I do like the crosshairs. They can be suppressed in the options.
Yap, the horizontal and vertical ruler lines, and the info stuff (cursor position and selection area size) can be disabled from settings. You can also change the cursor color and thickness, also from settings menu but it requires a ksnip restart to take effect.

mmikeinsantarosa
Developer

#13 Post by mmikeinsantarosa »

ksnip-1.5 is now available for download from the test repo.
Latest ksnip version contains following features:

Supports Linux and Windows.
X11 and experimental KDE and Gnome Wayland support.
Taking Screenshot of a custom rectangular area that can be drawn with mouse cursor (X11 and Gnome Wayland only).
Taking screenshot of the screen/monitor where the mouse cursor is currently located.
Taking screenshot of full screen, including all screens/monitors.
Taking screenshot of window that currently has focus (X11 and Gnome Wayland only).
Taking screenshot of window under mouse cursor (KDE Wayland only).
Take screenshot with or without mouse cursor.
Customizable capture delay for all capture options.
Upload screenshots directly to imgur.com in anonymous or user mode.
Annotate image with pen, marker, rectangles, ellipses, text and other.
Command line support, for taking screenshot and saving it to default location, filename and format.
Customizable default location, filename and format for saving new screenshots with wildcards for Year ($Y), Month ($M), Day ($D) and Time ($T).
Print screenshot or save is to pdf/ps.
Undo/Redo for paint and crop operations.
Smooth out free hand pen and marker lines (can be disabled in settings).
Drop shadow for paint items (can be disabled in settings).
And other configuration options.
The source has been upgraded to use qt >= 5.6 so that's the end of packaging it for jessie.

Thanks so much to Tim :number1: for the assist and guidance on this one. It required 2 new packages from the authors source to be built from scratch. That's a first for me.

- mike
LT: MX19.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#14 Post by dolphin_oracle »

Oh there are some new features there that I'm pretty excited about! Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

dolphin_oracle
Developer

#15 Post by dolphin_oracle »

works great! one thing...they have a theme chooser built in to it and it defaults to "fusion", so it won't follow our default Qt settings. Just change the theme from "fusion" to "gtk+" in the ksnip settings to get our usual themes.

another nicety...full size screenshot graphic opens in a window with scroll bars instead of going full screen (and over screen).

and so much easier to change the time. happy camper I am!
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 4 - MX-23
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

mmikeinsantarosa
Developer

#16 Post by mmikeinsantarosa »

Thanks for the testing feedback. DO!
LT: MX19.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

asqwerth
Developer

#17 Post by asqwerth »

dolphin_oracle wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:48 pm works great! ...

another nicety...full size screenshot graphic opens in a window with scroll bars instead of going full screen (and over screen).

and so much easier to change the time. happy camper I am!
Agreed. That is SOOOO welcome.

Also the interface with the editing tools is so much nicer now, as is the default icon. Having the timer settings on the main window is great.

Still one issue: the icon doesn't appear on the xfce panel when the application is open, even though it appears in launchers and whisker menu. See screenshot below.

https://imgur.com/KKbJGqf
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)

mmikeinsantarosa
Developer

#18 Post by mmikeinsantarosa »

asqwerth wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:48 pm Still one issue: the icon doesn't appear on the xfce panel when the application is open, even though it appears in launchers and whisker menu. See screenshot below.
Sometimes this is caused by the icon being too large. The ksnip.ico file that ships with the source seems to have 2 layers, one of which is 128x128. From what I've learned recently, the optimal size should be 48x48. There's another ksnip.svg file that's shipped with the source that's 500x500. Unfortunately, if I resize either & attempt to rebuild it fails. I tried patching the source and rebuilding from a new .orig source with a new smaller .ico file without success.

fotoxx has a similar problem.

asqwerth
Developer

#19 Post by asqwerth »

Darn, so I have to make my panel fatter or live with it?

timkb4cq
Developer

#20 Post by timkb4cq »

Making the panel fatter doesn't help. Don't know for sure what the problem is - svg icons should autoscale since they don't really have resolutions, just drawing paths.
HP Pavillion TP01, AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (quad core), Crucial 500GB SSD, Toshiba 6TB 7200rpm
Dell Inspiron 15, AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (quad core). Sabrent 500GB nvme, Seagate 1TB

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX 17/18”