Welcome!

The kernel problem with recent updates has been solved. Find the solution here

Important information
-- Required MX 15/16 Repository Changes
-- Information on torrent hosting changes
-- Information on MX15/16 GPG Keys
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities

News
-- Introducing our new Website
-- MX Linux on social media: here

Current releases
-- MX-18.3 Point Release release info here
-- Migration Information to MX-18 here
-- antiX-17.4.1 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

MX 17 & 18 Repository: The wine-staging thread

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2914
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 17 & 18 Repository: The wine-staging thread

#41

Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:54 pm

wine-staging-4.0 final release is almost here.
- mike
LT: MX18.2 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

User avatar
towwire
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 538
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:15 pm

Re: MX 17 & 18 Repository: The wine-staging thread

#42

Post by towwire » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:01 am

mmikeinsantarosa wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:54 pm
wine-staging-4.0 final release is almost here.
- mike
Just tried to upgrade from Test and get this:
Screenshot.png
I have not cancelled it, should tell to ahead and install?
Edit: I cancelled it. Will check back later to see what's up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2914
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 17 & 18 Repository: The wine-staging thread

#43

Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:47 am

towwire wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:01 am
mmikeinsantarosa wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:54 pm
wine-staging-4.0 final release is almost here.
- mike
Just tried to upgrade from Test and get this:
Screenshot.png

I have not cancelled it, should tell to ahead and install?
Edit: I cancelled it. Will check back later to see what's up.
edit:
towire - It looks like there's a newer mono out that I neglected to get into the repos. I'll get that built and up tonight. Look for the update some time tomorrow.

- mike
LT: MX18.2 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

User avatar
towwire
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 538
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:15 pm

Re: MX 17 & 18 Repository: The wine-staging thread

#44

Post by towwire » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:36 am

mmikeinsantarosa wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:47 am
towwire wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:01 am
mmikeinsantarosa wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:54 pm
wine-staging-4.0 final release is almost here.
- mike
Just tried to upgrade from Test and get this:
Screenshot.png

I have not cancelled it, should tell to ahead and install?
Edit: I cancelled it. Will check back later to see what's up.
edit:
towire - It looks like there's a newer mono out that I neglected to get into the repos. I'll get that built and up tonight. Look for the update some time tomorrow.

- mike
I just update all the wine's that had the recycle sign. When I go there now I show a 'wine-nono4.7.3 1.0-1mx17+1' that was not noted there before. History has me going from:

Code: Select all

2018-11-18  12:09:02  upgrade  winehq-staging                    amd64  3.19-1~mx17+1                                             3.20-1~mx17+1
2019-01-22  20:50:13  upgrade  winehq-staging                    amd64  3.20-1~mx17+1                                             4.0-1mx17+1
plus these
wine-staging-compat
wine-staging-i386
wine-staging-amd64
wine-staging 
I'll wait for your update tomorrow.
Thanks towwire

User avatar
fehlix
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 4257
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:09 pm

Re: MX 17 & 18 Repository: The wine-staging thread

#45

Post by fehlix » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:40 am

towwire wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:01 am
mmikeinsantarosa wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:54 pm
wine-staging-4.0 final release is almost here.
- mike
Just tried to upgrade from Test and get this:
Screenshot.png

I have not cancelled it, should tell to ahead and install?
Edit: I cancelled it. Will check back later to see what's up.
I do always cancel this mono installer questions. As mono is only required for some
applcations, most of them do not need mono. If needed you can always reinstall later.
:puppy:
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 19559
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: MX 17 & 18 Repository: The wine-staging thread

#46

Post by Stevo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:22 pm

Space Engine 0.9.8.0 universe simulator running in Wine and with the Nvidia card via Bumblebee. I have the time scale turned way up to see the moons and planets rotate around their primaries:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EHXD_ ... 040r29HVR-

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2914
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 17 & 18 Repository: The wine-staging thread

#47

Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:46 pm

Stevo wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:22 pm
Space Engine 0.9.8.0 universe simulator running in Wine and with the Nvidia card via Bumblebee. I have the time scale turned way up to see the moons and planets rotate around their primaries:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EHXD_ ... 040r29HVR-
Does the ISS show up?
that's been a thing here lately with Mom and the missus, checking the https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/
site a couple nights/week then going out and watching it zip overhead.
LT: MX18.2 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 19559
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: MX 17 & 18 Repository: The wine-staging thread

#48

Post by Stevo » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:27 pm

mmikeinsantarosa wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:46 pm
Stevo wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:22 pm
Space Engine 0.9.8.0 universe simulator running in Wine and with the Nvidia card via Bumblebee. I have the time scale turned way up to see the moons and planets rotate around their primaries:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EHXD_ ... 040r29HVR-
Does the ISS show up?
that's been a thing here lately with Mom and the missus, checking the https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/
site a couple nights/week then going out and watching it zip overhead.
I don't see any satellite options in Space Engine, but I can track the ISS in Stellarium, which seems a better tool for Earth-based stuff anyway. In that Space Engine video, I was many thousands of light years from Earth...somewhere a lot closer to the galactic core. You can also explore galaxies many billions of light years away, too.

User avatar
colin_b
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 539
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:21 pm

Re: MX 17 & 18 Repository: The wine-staging thread

#49

Post by colin_b » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:48 pm

https://www.winehq.org/news/2019012201
The Wine team is proud to announce that the stable release Wine 4.0 is now available.

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2914
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 17 & 18 Repository: The wine-staging thread

#50

Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:28 pm

wine-staging-4.0 with a brand new wine-mono4.7.5 are ready for download from the test repo.

There were a lot of new features that went into this release.

Feel free to check the wine announcement page for complete detais.

- mike
LT: MX18.2 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

Post Reply

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX 17/18”