MX 17/18 Repository: The SMPlayer Thread

Stevo
Developer

MX 17/18 Repository: The SMPlayer Thread

#1 Post by Stevo »

SMPlayer is a great all around media player that can use mplayer or mpv as the backend. One of its best features is that it can remember all the settings you had for each particular video, such as volume, brightness, equalizer, position, and so on.

We now have the latest 17.11.0 in the main repository. Changes include:
- The video equalizer by software has been fixed.
- The thumbnail generator is now more precise with short videos.
- The audio quality of the audio equalizer has been improved.
- The option "add black borders on fullscreen" has been fixed.
- The option "AC3/DTS passthrough over S/PDIF" has been fixed.
Last edited by Stevo on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stevo
Developer

Re: MX 17 Repository: The SMPlayer Thread

#2 Post by Stevo »

SMPlayer has been updated to 17.12.0 in our main repository. Changes include:
* Two new actions to take screenshots with or without subtitles (they only work when using mpv). Assigned by default to Ctrl+Shift+S and Ctrl+Alt+S.
* New action which displays the filename in the OSD for 2 seconds. Assigned by default to Shift+O.
* New option, osd_bar_pos for smplayer.ini. It specifies the position of the OSD bar (0 = top, 100 = bottom).
* The support for DVD menus has been removed. It never worked well and also mpv already removed support for it some time ago.
* The option to open an informative page after an upgrade has been removed.

Stevo
Developer

#3 Post by Stevo »

SMPlayer has been updated to 18.1.0 in the main repository to address some Youtube playback issues.

I have just tested it with an experimental build of mpv 0.28.0 (internal ffmpeg) as the backend, and it could play a Youtube live stream.

Stevo
Developer

#4 Post by Stevo »

SMPlayer 18.2.2 is now in the main repository. Changes:

Version 18.2.2:

The option Open -> URL can now also load YouTube playlists.
New option in Preferences -> Subtitles to select the opacity of the background of the subtitles (available when the 'border style' is set to 'opaque box').
The options for the preferred number of track for audio and subtitles are back.
(mpv) Now the direct3d is the default video output for Windows, since some users reported problems with the gpu output.

Version 18.2:

Now it's possible to use a priority list of preferred languages for the audio and subtitles.
Now there's support for YouTube playlists. In the playlist window, click in the Load/save icon, select "Load playlist from URL" and paste the URL of the YouTube playlist.

Stevo
Developer

#5 Post by Stevo »

Now updated to the latest 18.4.0 release in the main repo, with a new feature to change the position of OSD bar.

Other than that, the time displayed by a tooltip when the mouse is over the seekbar is now much more accurate. And now it’s possible to turn off the use of the system native file dialog in Preferences -> Interface.

Stevo
Developer

#6 Post by Stevo »

The latest 18.6.0 release is now in the main repo, along with an 18.6.0 release of smplayer-themes (icon sets) that adds the Dark icons.

Stevo
Developer

#7 Post by Stevo »

We're now updating to 18.10.0 in our main repository. This release allows for up to 4K Youtube video, as well as a fix allowing age-restricted Youtube videos.
Last edited by Stevo on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stevo
Developer

#8 Post by Stevo »

We now have 19.1.0 in our main repo. Changes include:

* Fix pause in mpris2.
* Possibility to play YouTube videos at 60 fps.
* Don't load the external audio file if it doesn't exist.
* Possibility to search for subtitles by title name.

seaken64

Re: MX 17/18 Repository: The SMPlayer Thread

#9 Post by seaken64 »

Thanks for this Stevo. I'm using SMPlayer as my main player on both antiX and MX. I have recently been using it on one of my LiveUSB systems where the hard disk died on the laptop (so I use the LiveUSB instead of a HD). That laptop is using antiX 17.4 but I downloaded your .deb file from the repology link page for MX-17. It is working fine on this antiX-17 install. Right now I am listening to Frank Sinatra Radio that I loaded from Shoutcast. But see my other thread about another music manager software.

Thanks again for SMPlayer.

Seaken64
MX21-64 XFCE & W11 on Lenovo 330S LT. MX21-KDE & MX21-XFCE on Live USB.
MX18-64 & W7, Fedora on HP Core2 DT
MX21-32 XFCE w/ MX-Fluxbox on P4HT DT w/ antiX21, SUSE Tumbleweed, Q4OS, WXP
antiX21 on Compaq PIII 1 Ghz DT, w/ Debian, MX18FB, W2K

Stevo
Developer

Re: MX 17/18 Repository: The SMPlayer Thread

#10 Post by Stevo »

seaken64 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:29 pm Thanks for this Stevo. I'm using SMPlayer as my main player on both antiX and MX. I have recently been using it on one of my LiveUSB systems where the hard disk died on the laptop (so I use the LiveUSB instead of a HD). That laptop is using antiX 17.4 but I downloaded your .deb file from the repology link page for MX-17. It is working fine on this antiX-17 install. Right now I am listening to Frank Sinatra Radio that I loaded from Shoutcast. But see my other thread about another music manager software.

Thanks again for SMPlayer.

Seaken64
Cool! I just recently got it working with the mpv backend and Intel va-api hardware acceleration on my system by putting some entries in ~/.config/mpv/mpv.conf. I also rolled a newer mpv 0.29.1 in my OBS repo that has an internal ffmpeg 4.1 instead of needing a system ffmpeg 4, but that also needs some other new libraries from that repo, like libaom for AV1 codecs.

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX 17/18”