MX 17/18 Repository: The SMPlayer Thread

rfdez

Re: MX 17/18 Repository: The SMPlayer Thread

#11 Post by rfdez »

@ Stevo -- I need mpv.conf, to watch sports and movies in maximum quality and without cuts. I have i7 920, Ati 5850, Dell U2410 1900x1200 16:10.
I would like to increase the cache.

regards

Stevo
Developer

#12 Post by Stevo »

rfdez wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:32 pm @ Stevo -- I need mpv.conf, to watch sports and movies in maximum quality and without cuts. I have i7 920, Ati 5850, Dell U2410 1900x1200 16:10.
I would like to increase the cache.

regards
Well, this is what I have for my Intel UHD 630:

Code: Select all

profile=pseudo-gui
input-ipc-server=/tmp/mpvsocket 
hwdec=auto-copy
first line is for mpv to show that GUI when started with just "mpv".
second line makes it work better with SVP4 for Linux
third line is what got va-api hardware acceleration for my Intel working.

Are all your videos streaming online? If you're using SMPlayer with the mpv backend, have you tried increasing the cache size with its settings?

From the manpage
Cache
--cache=<kBytes|yes|no|auto>
Set the size of the cache in kilobytes, disable it with no, or automatically enable it if needed with auto (default: auto). With auto, the cache will usually be enabled for network streams, using the size set by --cache-default. With yes, the cache will always be enabled with the size set by --cache-default (unless the stream cannot be cached, or --cache-default disables caching).

May be useful when playing files from slow media, but can also have negative effects, especially with file formats that require a lot of seeking, such as MP4.

Note that half the cache size will be used to allow fast seeking back. This is also the reason why a full cache is usually not reported as 100% full. The cache fill display does not include the part of the cache reserved for seeking back. The actual maximum percentage will usually be the ratio between readahead and backbuffer sizes.
You wouldn't need the "--" in the conf file, it would just be

Code: Select all

cache=<kBytes
There are many other cache options; I would suggest opening "man:mpv" in your web browser and going to the Cache section about 40% down.

rfdez

#13 Post by rfdez »

Thank you very much Stevo, I had already uploaded the cache in Smplayer in Configuration, but it is not going well.
I will continue looking, to see what configuration is better for me, I also use mpc-qt.

Greeting

Stevo
Developer

#14 Post by Stevo »

SMPlayer 19.5.0 is now in the main repository. Major changes include:
Fix for YouTube.
Fix YouTube live streams (works only with mpv).
New actions available for previous subtitle track, previous audio track, and previous video track.
New command line option -start.

Stevo
Developer

#15 Post by Stevo »

SMPlayer has been updated to 19.10.0 in the main repo.

The important change has been to once again fix Youtube playback due to Google's changes.

Stevo
Developer

#16 Post by Stevo »

We now have 20.6.0 in the main repo. This release removes its own internal Youtube code in favor of using the external youtube-dl program to get the video URLs--so I've also updated youtube-dl to the current 2020.06.16.1 version.

Stevo
Developer

#17 Post by Stevo »

Updated to 21.10.0 in main, which basically adds support for using yt-dlp instead of youtube-dl.

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX 17/18”