Public domain wallpapers

Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive. Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive.
JayM
Qualified MX Guide

Public domain wallpapers

#1 Post by JayM »

These are all 1920x1200.

I really like the default antiX wallpaper which was also included in MX-16, but when I installed the various wallpaper packages from older versions of MX many of them including this one included the version number in the MX logo. So I redid it using just the generic logo so it'll work for any version of MX without people thinking that your OS is outdated:
Metro station

The rest aren't my own pictures. I got them from a site named publicdomainpictures.net so I assume that they're all in the public domain.
Bolton Abbey.

Fountains Abbey interior (it looks like the cloisters.)

An ancient Greek theater. I don't know which one.

An old English cottage.

This one was called "Tranquility". It's very Zen-like.

Working at Dawn. It looks like a West African fishing canoe. (Red sky at morning, sailor take warning.)

A field of yellow flowers.

Yet another sunset photo. I liked this one because it's dark on the left and bottom, perfect for dark-themed panels.

Zaanse Schans windmills (Dutch.)

By the way, I noticed that the white MX Linux logo doesn't show very well on light backgrounds. Is there a version of "Logo on transparent background 1920x1200 for overlay on similar-sized wallpaper" (https://mxlinux.org/sites/default/files ... 0x1200.zip) with a black or dark grey logo, or better, in an assortment of different colors?
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

darknetmatrix

Re: Public domain wallpapers

#2 Post by darknetmatrix »

some nice walls here +1 for this
HP Z400 Workstation
Intel Xeon W3565 (4) @ 3.1GHz
Memory: 9985MB
When asking for help, please first : Menu => MX Tools => Quick System Info

Gerson

#3 Post by Gerson »

Beautiful, I downloaded them for my collection.
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

duane

#4 Post by duane »

Thank you, very nice. I downloaded as well.
Lenovo M92p Quad Core i5 3470 3.2Ghz

Stevo
Developer

#5 Post by Stevo »

Searching for matching pictures of the theater shows that it's "the ancient Greek Theatre in the city of Taormina, Italy, on the Mediterranean island of Sicily."

manyroads

#6 Post by manyroads »

Stevo wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:52 pm Searching for matching pictures of the theater shows that it's "the ancient Greek Theatre in the city of Taormina, Italy, on the Mediterranean island of Sicily."
Here are some from that area @stevo
https://pixabay.com/en/photos/taormina/

Pixabay is a magnificent source for those of us who like to change wallpapers every 7 minutes or so... ;)
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Stevo
Developer

#7 Post by Stevo »

I suppose if the massive volcano on the horizon hadn't been obscured by clouds in the wallpaper shot, and some clues were given to point to Etna, the location could have been worked out just from that and the shadows:

manyroads

#8 Post by manyroads »

Stevo wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:40 pm I suppose if the massive volcano on the horizon hadn't been obscured by clouds in the wallpaper shot, and some clues were given to point to Etna, the location could have been worked out just from that and the shadows:

I hope you liked the pix...

'cause I'm an introvert I like photos without buildings, people, etc. :eek: so mine are more about trees, sky, water, snow --I love the stuff... even though I know it's almost extinct. (Opps, I didn't say that did I???) Anyway, Pixabay is amazing!
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#9 Post by JayM »

@Stevo: Thanks for identifying the theater. Sicily looks beautiful, doesn't it?

@manyroads: Thanks for the tip-off about Pixabay. I feel some more wallpapers coming. :smile:
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

asqwerth
Developer

#10 Post by asqwerth »

I also like the Unsplash site.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Return to “User contributed Wallpaper”