Wildlife wallpapers

Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive. Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive.
Jerry3904
Administrator

Re: Wildlife wallpapers

#51 Post by Jerry3904 »

especially the flight displays during the breeding season
It's an astonishing thing to see
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#52 Post by ChrisUK »

Here's a pic of an adult male Sparrowhawk from my garden - he was about 4 years old at the time of this picture. Picture was taken through double glazed windows, so the full 1920*1200 resolution (uploaded to the main website as usual) might look a bit noisy on a large screen... should be fine at lower resolutions or a smaller screen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

arjaybe

#53 Post by arjaybe »

ChrisUK wrote:That sounds like a great area. If your Merlin is the same size as ours, it's lucky that the Merlin flew off - an adult Squirrel is quite formidable with those claws and teeth. The only Hawk that we have that takes Squirrels is the Goshawk. Even large female Sparrowhawks won't tackle a Squirrel, although they will stand their ground and look menacing for as long as possible.
The merlin had the advantage while it was in the air, but the squirrel had it on the ground. It was funny looking at the bird standing there with its long legs and short pants, staring at the squirrel, which actually turned its back and fluffed its tail at it. As soon as the squirrel bluffed at it, it jumped up and flew away. I think the hawk must have been young and inexperienced because it couldn't leave the squirrel alone, even though it couldn't figure out how to get it.
Green Comet
Space particles.

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#54 Post by ChrisUK »

Another pic of the adult male Sparrowhawk - different time of year... and the bird is now about 6 years old. Higher res image on main website - taken through window again, so uncertain if OK on larger screens
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

antechdesigns

#55 Post by antechdesigns »

Some great photos here Chris, composition & focus is spot on, good job!!

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#56 Post by ChrisUK »

antechdesigns wrote:Some great photos here Chris, composition & focus is spot on, good job!!
Thanks, I rely mostly on luck and patience... you, however, appear to have some talent - the colourful Parrot in your wallpaper thread is particularly striking.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#57 Post by ChrisUK »

I'll upload a few more wallpapers later... I give up trying to upload the smaller res ones in this thread, as I'm close to shouting at the screen ;)

(I upload - I place inline - I preview... all pics gone)
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#58 Post by ChrisUK »

OK, I've uploaded a few more pics to MX17 wallpapers... all are 1920*1200. I'll try and upload the smaller res versions for viewing:
D2DSC07666R1920nMXsmall.jpg
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#59 Post by ChrisUK »

DSC05617R1920nMXsmall.jpg
DSC05447RGp1920nMXsmall.jpg
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

Gerson

#60 Post by Gerson »

Beautiful, I downloaded them to use them.
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

Return to “User contributed Wallpaper”