Wildlife wallpapers

Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive. Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive.
ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

Wildlife wallpapers

#1 Post by ChrisUK »

I've been a prolific amateur wildlife photographer/observer for many years, as a consequence I've 1000s of pictures. As I said in another thread, most are unsuitable for Wallpaper, as behaviour is what I capture most (many pics are of Hawks with their prey) - but I said that I'd see what I could find that might be suitable.

Many of my pictures were taken using a small bridge camera (light and easy to carry), so the 1920*1200 resolution required might be to high for a decent image. But I also use a DSLR/T at times. Anyway, here's two examples that I've cropped, edited and resized. If any here are interested, I'll upload the full res images to the proper place and sort out a few more.

These look fine at 1366*768, but I've no access to a full HD display to see how they look at that resolution

Oh, for information; one is a pic of a wild Red Fox, the other is an Egyptian Goose Gosling.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

Auro Kumar Sahoo

Re: Wildlife wallpapers

#2 Post by Auro Kumar Sahoo »

Great pictures.
specially the Egyptian Goose Gosling.

keep on posting and hope you may find some good clicks from your huge collection for the community.
Wallpapers for mx : https://www.flickr.com/photos/aurokumar ... 2672882131 & page2
MX help : https://mxlinux.org/manuals/

दुर्लभम् हि सदा सुखम् ||{Ramayan २-१८-१३}
To be happy always is something which is difficult to achieve.

asqwerth
Developer

#3 Post by asqwerth »

Awww, cuties.

I think they will certainly need to be higher res.

I set your fox pic as background on my office's old 4:3 aspect 19-inch monitor and it looks a little fuzzy.

1920x1200 or 1920x1080 is best, but if your pics aren't that large, I recall 1600+ width might just about look ok on normal 1920x1080 screens, though it might be inadequate for HD and better.

[EDIT] Yes, I'm very interested. Cute animals, who wouldn't be?? :p
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#4 Post by ChrisUK »

Thanks Auro
asqwerth wrote:Awww, cuties.

I think they will certainly need to be higher res.

I set your fox pic as background on my office's old 4:3 aspect 19-inch monitor and it looks a little fuzzy.

1920x1200 or 1920x1080 is best, but if your pics aren't that large, I recall 1600+ width might just about look ok on normal 1920x1080 screens, though it might be inadequate for HD and better.
These are just downsized to upload to the main forum - I'll upload the 1920*1200 versions to the other link in the Wiki... give me a few minutes ;)

EDIT: I tried https://mxlinux.org/wallpaper17, but I get Access Denied - so I can't upload the full res images... I'll try again later
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

asqwerth
Developer

#5 Post by asqwerth »

You need to PM Peregrine our forum and website mistress to get an account. Give her some time to respond. No rush.
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#6 Post by ChrisUK »

asqwerth wrote:You need to PM Peregrine our forum and website mistress to get an account. Give her some time to respond. No rush.
OK, I'll do it later or tomorrow.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#7 Post by ChrisUK »

One more pic until I get time to process more. Remember this has been resized down to be under the 300kb forum limit (like the two pics above), so not suitable for wallpaper - the 1920*1200 res ones will be uploaded when I get a user account from Peregrine (who I've not PM'd yet).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

asqwerth
Developer

#8 Post by asqwerth »

I really like that. The pose on the hill slope with the flowers. Nice.

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#9 Post by ChrisUK »

asqwerth wrote:I really like that. The pose on the hill slope with the flowers. Nice.
Thanks. She came within 50m of me - I've never used a Hide, I just keep still and quiet and wait for the wildlife to come close enough for a few pics.

I guess that I'd better look for "cute" pics now... here's an Egyptian Goose and her Goslings to start:
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

peregrine
Administrator

#10 Post by peregrine »

I really like the red fox images. I have seen foxes here on the farm but they were always too far away or too fast for getting a picture. How do you get those great shots?

Include your email address when you request the account on the mxlinux website.
Asus A78M - AMD A10-6800K - 8GB Ram - 120GB SSD - Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX LCD MX18 ------ Lenovo Yoga intel i7 7500 / MX-21

Return to “User contributed Wallpaper”