Wildlife wallpapers

Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive. Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive.
ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

Re: Wildlife wallpapers

#71 Post by ChrisUK »

manyroads wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:59 am @ChrisUK, have you considered placing your photos on a site like http://pixabay.com or http://pixhere.com They are a great place to disseminate your work and receive some useful public awareness.
I already have as much "public awareness" as I'm comfortable with thanks ;)

(I've been a member of various Wildlife and Photography sites for years, just not using the username "ChrisUK". My "work" is for my own benefit - so I can remember what I saw, as I'm an old man that already has a faulty memory... If others like looking at the pictures as well, that's a bonus.)
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

manyroads

#72 Post by manyroads »

As one old man to another... I understand fully! Now, where is my cane?!?!? :p
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#73 Post by ChrisUK »

Here's a few more... I'll upload the higher res versions to the usual place tomorrow.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#74 Post by ChrisUK »

One more:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#75 Post by ChrisUK »

Just added the 1920*1200 res images of the previous four to the MX17 Wallpaper page.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

asqwerth
Developer

#76 Post by asqwerth »

Is that the eye of one of your falcon or hawk subjects? Cool. Love the 2 insect ones and the duck/goose just landing in the water.

Maybe it's just me but the one above - flying heron - for some reason looks like you superimposed the bird onto a blue background.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#77 Post by ChrisUK »

The "Eye" is of a Greylag Goose - the Grey Heron is a heavy crop of a distant bird, so perhaps your seeing the effect of the atmosphere/heat haze etc... I don't have the time to mess about with cloning/copy-pasting etc ;)
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#78 Post by ChrisUK »

Here's a couple more... I'll add the higher res images to the MX wallpaper page later:

Egyptian Goose and a Black-headed Gull in flight
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#79 Post by ChrisUK »

I forgot to say; if any of my pics are wanted for Antix, just point me to the logo and where to upload, and I'll gladly replace the MX logo and add them. After all, Debian->Antix->MX ;)
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#80 Post by ChrisUK »

Last two... all higher res versions uploaded to MX Wallpaper now
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

Return to “User contributed Wallpaper”