Wildlife wallpapers

Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive. Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive.
ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

Re: Wildlife wallpapers

#61 Post by ChrisUK »

Gerson wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:56 am Beautiful, I downloaded them to use them.
Thanks, I'm glad they're useful to you ;)
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

asqwerth
Developer

#62 Post by asqwerth »

I really like the Grey Heron.

The sparrowhawk one is also nice, but I prefer the one in post #54, where the sparrowhawk is surrounded by the foliage. For me, it's just a cooler shot.

That said, I'll probably download all your new pics anyway, for my wallpaper rotation!

Thanks.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#63 Post by ChrisUK »

I've not been out of the house for months... missed a lot of the best light/colours for photography (especially Autumn), so I thought that I'd go through some old pictures taken with oldish Superzoom (small sensors but longish zoom) cameras over the last 10 years or so. Even adding a Teleconverter, there's often not enough pixels on the subject for 1920*1200 res pics, but I've found a few that might just be OK.

If you think they'll do, I'll process a few more when I can. Full size (1920*1200) images are at the main MX website as usual, under the MX17 section.

Here's the small res versions (too small for wallpaper) for those that don't want to load the full size images. Oh, the Carder Bee and the male Banded Demoiselle aren't true Macros, just within about 3 feet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#64 Post by ChrisUK »

Two more...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

richb
Administrator

#65 Post by richb »

Even low res they look pretty darn good. Thanks for posting.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#66 Post by ChrisUK »

I'll process some more over the weekend, Rich
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

Jerry3904
Administrator

#67 Post by Jerry3904 »

Love the red fox--we're have a den up the gully behind us and see them pretty often on the prowl.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#68 Post by ChrisUK »

Jerry3904 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:20 pm Love the red fox--we're have a den up the gully behind us and see them pretty often on the prowl.
Must be good to watch them all year round, especially when the cubs first leave the Den... I'm on a housing estate in London, so you'd expect to see urban Foxes, but not wild Foxes. However, Foxes are very smart and adaptable, so I see wild ones at my local Reservoirs. Although they take many birds and rodents, they also steal night-fishing Anglers' food while the angler is asleep or busy landing Fish ;)

(I've found the best way to see them is at a body of water during the breeding season for Geese and other Waterfowl - they follow (keeping in cover) flocks of Geese/Ducks with Goslings/Ducklings and take as many youngsters as they can to feed their cubs. It can be a risky practice, as Geese are large birds with large wings; I doubt they could kill a Fox, but they could injure an unlucky one... an injured Fox doesn't make a good provider for cubs. Incidentally, the cubs are so curious it can be dangerous for them. Although getting close to them isn't easy when the parents are nearby, it's very easy to get the cubs to break cover and get them to come within a few yards of you.)
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

ChrisUK
Qualified MX Guide

#69 Post by ChrisUK »

Here's a juvenile Herring Gull that I'm not sure about yet, so I've not uploaded the 1920*1200 res image to the MX Wallpaper yet
Chris

MX 18 MX 19 - Manjaro

manyroads

#70 Post by manyroads »

@ChrisUK, have you considered placing your photos on a site like http://pixabay.com or http://pixhere.com They are a great place to disseminate your work and receive some useful public awareness.
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Return to “User contributed Wallpaper”