Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

General directions

Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive. Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive.
Jerry3904
Administrator

General directions

#1 Post by Jerry3904 »

Please consult the Wiki article before posting: https://mxlinux.org/wiki/other/art-volunteers
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

asqwerth
Developer

Calling all Artists and Creative Types

#2 Post by asqwerth »

The above guidelines were written in the context of requesting wallpaper submissions for MX17, but they are applicable in general for all wallpaper contributions.

Besides uploading your contributions to this sub-board, you can also upload your contributions to MX website's Community-submitted Wallpaper pages at https://mxlinux.org/community-submitted-wallpaper as stated in the wiki link above.

Now that we have more users of MX and the forum community has grown, we welcome more contributions of MX-related wallpaper for the benefit of the community. Currently we have very few creators -- and by "creators" I include artists, graphic artists, people who take photographs, people who manipulate photos, art, drawings and graphics, etc -- taking the time to even post 1 or 2 backgrounds, and I'm sure there must be more of you around with all sorts of different ideas, styles and abilities.

If you are a creator/modder of icons and themes, you are also very welcome to submit your contributions in the MX Art sub-forum. The wiki link's notes on licences and copyright will be applicable to icons and themes as well.

The best images may find their way into a future release of MX Linux as part of the official default wallpapers. Even if a wallpaper is not included in an MX release, other forum members can still enjoy your contributions and download them for their own use.

Please refer to the wiki link in the first post for details on:
a) recommended picture size and ratio* of wallpapers (ignore file size max limits if you aren't uploading to MX Community itself)
b) MX logos and resources that you might wish to use with your backgrounds
c) licences and copyright

Expanding on the wiki note on licences and copyright, if you are using/manipulating other people's photos and images as part of your own artwork, please use base material to which you have all necessary permissions, or that is public domain or has acceptable licence terms as set out in the Wiki post. You don't have to for the purposes of merely posting your own desktop screenshots. However, your artwork can't be uploaded to the MX Community Wallpaper pages nor selected for official MX use.

Even with the small restrictions above, there is a lot of scope for creativity and a broad range of resources that can be used. So please go ahead and amaze us with your ideas!

* It was a choice between 16x9 and 16x10 screen ratio. We are recommending the latter for now because there is still older hardware (e.g. some netbooks) with that screen ratio even if most new displays are now 16x9. But if your preference is to create 16x9 wallpapers in 1920x1080 resolution or higher, please don't let that stop you. :-)
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

srmg

Re: Please can I ask a something about images I can use for wallpaper

#3 Post by srmg »

Some young summer camp animators I'm working with having see some slides I do to explane some theme of a USA film (Jupiter Ascending) They ask to me if I can give them images to performe wallpapers for theyr personal laptop. The question is when the images are from films is it possible to use for wallpapers. An example is this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MwNQX2 ... sp=sharing. Bye from srMg

Message; might wish to fix your post.
Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.

Make sure that you have the correct URL and the file exists.

Get stuff done with Google Drive

Apps in Google Drive make it easy to create, store and share online documents, spreadsheets, presentations and more.

Return to “User contributed Wallpaper”