antechdesigns wallpaper

Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive. Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive.
antechdesigns

Re: antechdesigns wallpaper

#41 Post by antechdesigns »

asqwerth wrote:Thanks, antechdesigns.

Surprisingly, I'm finding that the more subdued greyish one pops more than the bluefisher.

Looking forward to anything else you can think up!
Thanks asqwerth, your welcome, I have plenty more to come, just need the time and the creative side to become one ;)

antechdesigns

#42 Post by antechdesigns »

I made this a while ago for the mate desktop:
CC-BY-SA

Deviantart Download 2560*1440 16*9: http://ant-ony.deviantart.com/art/Mate-678758270

tascoast

#43 Post by tascoast »

asqwerth wrote:Thanks, antechdesigns.

Surprisingly, I'm finding that the more subdued greyish one pops more than the bluefisher.

Looking forward to anything else you can think up!
I also like the greyish one. It feels more 3-dimensional to look at here. :thumbup: :happy:
1680x1050 display...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3UyIM ... sp=sharing
Inspiron 15 5000-5593- (i7-1065G7) MX 19.2 AHS/MX-21//W10 - Lenovo ThinkCentre A58 4GBRAM (64-bit), MX-21/MX19/antiX19/Mint 19

asqwerth
Developer

#44 Post by asqwerth »

antechdesigns, I have a request for WP:

- surface/background is a darkish matte grey with corrugated cardboard texture
- MX logo only (no words) in the centre surrounded by a circle, a bit like this
crunchbang-decrustification-services.png
but the circle thickness need not be so thick (unless you want to add the words "MX Linux" in normal block letters)

- colour of logo and circle is a vintage cream/yellow or a very light grey. Not clean white. But I don't need the tattered and torn look of the pic above.

I'm going for the crunchbang #! look.

Thanks!
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

antechdesigns

#45 Post by antechdesigns »

asqwerth wrote:antechdesigns, I have a request for WP:

- surface/background is a darkish matte grey with corrugated cardboard texture
- MX logo only (no words) in the centre surrounded by a circle, a bit like this

crunchbang-decrustification-services.png

but the circle thickness need not be so thick (unless you want to add the words "MX Linux" in normal block letters)

- colour of logo and circle is a vintage cream/yellow or a very light grey. Not clean white. But I don't need the tattered and torn look of the pic above.

I'm going for the crunchbang #! look.

Thanks!
wow thats specific :eek: Can you link me to an high rez image for the background, Dont worry about the color I can desaturate it and do a color overly over it. Thanks ;)

asqwerth
Developer

#46 Post by asqwerth »

Background - something like this

http://www.photos-public-domain.com/201 ... d-texture/

but dark greyish? (lighter = #37474F , darker = #333333 )

If the centred graphic is too complex, then just have the MX logo within a simple circle.
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)

antechdesigns

#47 Post by antechdesigns »

asqwerth wrote:Background - something like this

http://www.photos-public-domain.com/201 ... d-texture/

but dark greyish? (lighter = #37474F , darker = #333333 )

If the centred graphic is too complex, then just have the MX logo within a simple circle.
Is this near what you had in mind? I know you did not want the faded logo, but this one looks a lot better than the non faded, However if you want me to post the other one, I will, let me know ;)

http://ant-ony.deviantart.com/art/asqwerthWP-687420715

asqwerth
Developer

#48 Post by asqwerth »

Wow, that's actually pretty cool! :number1:

I think I know what you mean about the faded logo, since a too-solid logo will look strange on the old-looking, multi-level background.

Keep the non-faded logo in reserve for now. I have a cleaner/smoother cardboard texture which I can post later, which you can use with the non-faded logo. Thanks so much!

tascoast

#49 Post by tascoast »

I am seeing a roller door with faded brand above :)
Inspiron 15 5000-5593- (i7-1065G7) MX 19.2 AHS/MX-21//W10 - Lenovo ThinkCentre A58 4GBRAM (64-bit), MX-21/MX19/antiX19/Mint 19

asqwerth
Developer

#50 Post by asqwerth »

tascoast wrote:I am seeing a roller door with faded brand above :)
Haha, that's just a really magnified pic of corrugated cardboard where you have exposed the curvy bit within the 2 sandwiching flat sheets.

Corrugated cardboard texture that focuses on the flat sheet itself looks like:

This is a really nice pic but the creator on deviantart requires attribution/credit and I was too lazy to ask that of antechdesigns.

Actually, until antechdesigns asked me for a sample pic he could use, I had no idea there were so many webpages displaying pics of different cardboard textures. And lots of them require credit to be given.

BTW, tascoast, I really liked your screenshot using the greyish "Abstract" wallpaper. It's a really nice colour for the MX default theme.

Return to “User contributed Wallpaper”