Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Wallpaper for MX linux By AKS

Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive. Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive.
Auro Kumar Sahoo

Re: Wallpaper for MX linux By Auro Kumar Sahoo

#71 Post by Auro Kumar Sahoo »

asqwerth wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:05 am
Thanks for the tips.

However, by curved "C", I mean the light brown outline to the immediate left of the oval shape. See red arrow in the pic below. It's part of the same layer as the oval. I clicked on the "C" and tried to stretch, tweak and pull it, but just couldn't get it to follow exactly the curvature of the oval. Would appreciate some guidance on this.
Lets duplicate the right circle (Ctl +D), Then select create circle, ellipse tool in left toolbar (F5). You will see two buttons bellow top menubar, one swich to segment and other swich to arc may be deactivate stage, But in your circle you find 3 dots, and by dragging them you convert them to a segment or arch type.Then Select both shapes by Dragging mouse on both or shift click on each element, now click on path, object to path and now both elements are path now, and selecting both click on division and it will devide the paths and you get two elements, one will be that arch needed and delete the other one
asqwerth wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:05 am Also, my intention is to completely replace the brown oval with a capsule shape, if possible. But if not, I can make do with the oval if the curved C issue can be solved. This is after all for my own use. :-)
I have attached one file above (download/file.php?id=12004&mode=view) with capsule cell but circle for balance is left in a gesture. may i completely remove the right circle and put a round edge rectangle?
Wallpapers for mx : https://www.flickr.com/photos/aurokumar ... 2672882131 & page2
MX help : https://mxlinux.org/manuals/

दुर्लभम् हि सदा सुखम् ||{Ramayan २-१८-१३}
To be happy always is something which is difficult to achieve.

asqwerth
Developer

#72 Post by asqwerth »

Thanks for those detailed instructions! I'll need to have my working file opened in Inkscape to be able to understand your step by step help. Since I will only get home late tonight, I may only be able to try it out in the next few days.

As for the proposed capsule shape, now that I have seen how it looks against the larger circle on the left with the logo, I think the oval shape looks better. Let me try adjusting the "C" with your instructions and if it works out, I think I will stick with the oval. For now, please do not spend any of your time on the rounded rectangle.

Most grateful for all your advice and help.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

k_sz

#73 Post by k_sz »

Hello Auro,
thank you for these artworks. Glad that asqwerth redirected me here !
The MX Linux Material Blue is my favorite. May I ask what/who is your inspiration ?
And... would it be possible for you to share the multilayers base ? I'd like to play with its colors so it'd fit with my current favorite gradient :poker:
> Desktop : AMD 64 bits (unknowned monocore model :P looking for an AM2+ 4cores Phenom) | RAM 4Go DDR2 | MX@daily updates, sudo apt dist-upgrade
> Laptop x2 : WIP obsolescence and "old" batteries prices have killed my project

Auro Kumar Sahoo

#74 Post by Auro Kumar Sahoo »

k_sz wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:45 pm Hello Auro,
thank you for these artworks. Glad that asqwerth redirected me here !
May I ask what/who is your inspiration ?
:poker:
Sorry for my delay in response as i am little busy with my professional and bread earning things..
and Thanks for your kind and lovely words for my art and creation. And thanks to asqwerth for remembering me and works.

If talking about inspiration its Concept of GNU and love for GNU?Linux that inspires. I am no computer person and i cant help in any way writing code or programmes or even i dont like, rather fear command line things. From 1999 I am on xp, later vista then Window7, 8,10 and in 2012 i got interested i alternative os to windows in which malware and virus attack have killed me and my data.
Started with Ubuntu and later got interested in Ubuntu Studio(I am a cinematographer and occasionally shoots video too and photography is tool for cinematography; although industry lives in Mac and adobe; i tried GNU to see if it can help), later in ubuntu studio its base based on Ubuntu gives me many problems like update and broken system, so i thought to try debian and as i said i am very very basic user ..debian proved not for me, so i came to MX finding many reviews in dedoimedo's review page. And MX proved. It require less system resources, it is user friendly, all things a user require are preconfigured like conky, system information, mx tools, backup......and many more for which i dont require to use command line and go for community to ask, although i ask many times how to do it, and find good and to the point answers in MX forum.
I installed GIMP full, Inkscape, Raw therapee, Darktable, Kdenlive and i got almost Ubuntu studio.
(A hidden wish that if mx support and propose a KDE distro it will be more useful for multimedia work, as kde is now takes same ram and little cpu than xfce and quite stable, which i use on my laptop as Kubuntu. I find Kde is more useful for multimedia works as Dolphin and Gwenview are best things it offer and kdenlive works better in KDE)

So Last words...I am trying to give back as with my little knowledge and capability to that OS which saves me, which runs me, which works for me.
Although its quite impossible as per todays scenario to convince my Administration and crew and media house to use GNU/linux for movie and Production, bit i show them many times what GIMP can do as par Photoshop; what Inkscape can do as par Illustrator or coreldraw..
k_sz wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:45 pm The MX Linux Material Blue is my favorite.
And... would it be possible for you to share the multilayers base ? I'd like to play with its colors so it'd fit with my current favorite gradient
I am little confuse with multilayer base, does it mean source file?
if so i will give it

Please inspire and give Ideas
and lastly Thanks again
Last edited by Auro Kumar Sahoo on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wallpapers for mx : https://www.flickr.com/photos/aurokumar ... 2672882131 & page2

asqwerth
Developer

#75 Post by asqwerth »

Auro Kumar Sahoo wrote:...(A hidden wish that if mx support and propose a KDE distro it will be more useful for multimedia work, as kde is now takes same ram and little cpu than xfce and quite stable, which i use on my laptop as Kubuntu.
@Auro,

One of our developers Adrian has prepared an early test of an unofficial respin using KDE. Hopefully soon the iso will be made available to forum members for further testing. If you are interested you could help test it in due course.
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)

Auro Kumar Sahoo

#76 Post by Auro Kumar Sahoo »

asqwerth wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:00 am One of our developers Adrian has prepared an early test of an unofficial respin using KDE. Hopefully soon the iso will be made available to forum members for further testing.
Nice to hear that.
where can i get the ISO for testing? any link please.

Really KDE support some applications better like Dolphin(Which is best file manger and supports preview for all files including image, raw and video too), Gwenview best photo manager and viewer, supports raw and preview generate are smooth and less time taking having little editing capability within, Kdenlive..
although i don’t like some kde applications but kde proves better in linux desktops for image and video work.
Now a days KDE 12.06 in kubuntu with minimal install takes 400 mb ram and 1% cpu and very stable (not crashed once from april till date)

Although i can install kde from software in MX, but it requires some work and knowledge and i want A kde as par with MX Xfce stability, tools and Trust.

Thanks for response.

asqwerth
Developer

#77 Post by asqwerth »

Not yet ready, I think. Usually there is some internal testing by a smaller team, then a wider one by the forum members.

It's still in the early stage, like I said.

Keep an eye on the forum for when the testing is opened to the forum in general.

Auro Kumar Sahoo

#78 Post by Auro Kumar Sahoo »

Hi!
MX and Community

Added two new wallpapers to the collection.
I call them Ribbons...
I will highly appreciate for all your views and opinions on them,
to change colour or style or any thing you find to improvise them.
I made them on MX 17.1 with Inkscape and GIMP.

Please visit the Full Collection of MX Linux Wallpapers Designed and photographed by Me at:-
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aurokumar ... 2672882131

These wallpapers also uploaded in MX Community Submitted Wallpaper
Find them at-
https://mxlinux.org/wallpaper17

MX Ribbon1

ImageMX Wallpaper - Ribbon1 by AURO KUMAR SAHOO, on Flickr

MX Ribbon2

ImageMX Wallpaper - Ribbon2 by AURO KUMAR SAHOO, on Flickr

Thanks MX and Community.
Auro Kumar Sahoo

Jerry3904
Administrator

#79 Post by Jerry3904 »

Very handsome! I particularly like the flowing look, reminding me of an underwater plant such as kelp.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

asqwerth
Developer

#80 Post by asqwerth »

Agreed. Very nice.

By the way, did you notice that your mx_wp_logo_line wallpaper is the very cool background being used for one of the plymouth splash themes provided by MX Boot Options?

Return to “User contributed Wallpaper”