[GIMP XCF] MX Tools icon : customize your own !

Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive.Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive.
k_sz

[GIMP XCF] MX Tools icon : customize your own !

#1 Post by k_sz »

Attached to this post and archived in tar, you'll find a multilayer XCF, extracted from a SVG created by 2 other forum members.
Original work : antechdesigns.

Since it has been extracted from a vectorial & multilayers SVG, it's very precise with a very good resolution (no pixelsaw ^^) its curves are soft like velvet (i may have felt in love with an icon). As i use to, i've expansed its size to 320x320 px @ 150 dpi so it can be easily manipulated.

Note to asqwerth, the requester : since i've almost never used Inkscape (it was nothing but a very nice fujiyamesque icon in my menu until now) deconstructing MX-tools SVG and transfer its parts exported in PNG to Gimp's XCF has been a very instructive exercice, thank you ! (really, i mean it)

Little tip, following this mini-tutorial about layers and colorizing :

if you want to change the background color of this icon, you may want to change its shadow (bottom) and its lighted part (top) as well. Since I've gathered these 3 parts in a group of layers in the joined XCF, i'm proposing you the following methods :

1/ right-click the group of layers named "base"
2/ select "Merge within active group only" (this should be the correct english term)

Another way :
1/ hide the "tools" group
2/ right-click the base group and select "Merge Visible Layers " (or simply use CTRL+M)

Aaaand another way (useful if layers haven't been grouped in the xcf) :
1/ right-click the layer named "mx-tools_base.png" and select "Merge down"
2/ repeat it with the newly created layer so it'll be merged with the bottom layer
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by k_sz on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
> Desktop : AMD 64 bits (unknowned monocore model :P looking for an AM2+ 4cores Phenom) | RAM 4Go DDR2 | MX@daily updates, sudo apt dist-upgrade
> Laptop x2 : WIP obsolescence and "old" batteries prices have killed my project

asqwerth
Developer

Re: [GIMP XCF] MX Tools icon : customize your own !

#2 Post by asqwerth »

Thanks so much, k_sz!

As for who the 2 forum members are, I think Ghost67 did the SVG from Antech's original PNG graphics. Later on, I think SwampRabbit created a version of the teal PNG icon of MX-Tools with deeper curved corners to match the Moka set of icons. This has not been used yet.

Much appreciation to them as well.
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

Return to “User contributed icons”