KDE installed form MXPI. coexisting with XFCE

Help on all MX Re-spins
papamx

Re: KDE installed form MXPI. coexisting with XFCE

#11 Post by papamx »

I like KDE but the only app I really miss with XFCE is Okular. On my system KDE uses about the same resources as XFCE. I have it on another partition.

Sparky

#12 Post by Sparky »

I once tried to install KDE on MX by following a current users method. I ended up with many double apps even when I logged out and back in. Did you make a completely different KDE install or modified XFCE to also use KDE?
MX Linux Asus F552, 12GB RAM, 500GB WD SSD MX19.2
Dell Inspiron 7559 16GB RAM 1X 256GB SSD & 1TB SSD MX KDE 21.1 & Windows 11
Mini Tower PC 2X 256GB SSD MX KDE21.1

Gerson

#13 Post by Gerson »

Good day, I have been testing MX-KDE 19.6 and I like it a lot, I consult you. If I install MX-KDE in separate partition but sharing the /home with MX-XFCE 18.3 x64 will it generate conflicts?
No todos ignoramos las mismas cosas. :confused:

John Gay

#14 Post by John Gay »

I used to be a huge fan of KDE before KDE-4 came out.
I even built and entire Desktop setup completely from sources using Linux From Scratch. Yes, I'm that much of a glutton for punishment.
I still like the look of the qt libs.
But I don't get to play with Linux as much as I used to.

dreamer

#15 Post by dreamer »

Gerson wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:25 am Good day, I have been testing MX-KDE 19.6 and I like it a lot, I consult you. If I install MX-KDE in separate partition but sharing the /home with MX-XFCE 18.3 x64 will it generate conflicts?
If you customize the appearance of KDE it might interfere with the appearance of Xfce if they share /home. You can try and see what happens. The fear is that your Qt and GTK settings in KDE will transfer to Xfce. If you don't customize the look of KDE they might be able to live side by side.

Return to “MX Respins”