Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Killing Kwallet

Help on all MX Re-spins
Curmudgeon

Killing Kwallet

#1 Post by Curmudgeon »

I'm not exactly sure if this post is in the right place, since there seem to be multiple KDE threads/subforums. Forgive me if I've chosen the wrong place.

If you're like me and hatehatehate the ever-intrusive KWallet, you are no doubt frustrated by the inability to kill it via KDE's systemsettings. (AFAICT, this bug has languished upstream for three years or more.)

Happily, there is a way to disable the KWallet daemon without running into a bogus error message from systemsettings.

The magic tool is the KWalletManager app. Start kwalletmanager from a terminal and then go into Settings -> Configure Wallet and deselect "Enable the KDE Wallet subsystem."

Problem solved.
Get off my lawn

DeMus

Re: Killing Kwallet

#2 Post by DeMus »

Create a new wallet with an empty password, make sure to use the simple password system
Open that wallet and close all others
From now on the kwallet system does not bother you anymore
I use this for 8 years already and it works great.

putih

Re: Killing Kwallet

#3 Post by putih »

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:52 pm I'm not exactly sure if this post is in the right place, since there seem to be multiple KDE threads/subforums. Forgive me if I've chosen the wrong place.

If you're like me and hatehatehate the ever-intrusive KWallet, you are no doubt frustrated by the inability to kill it via KDE's systemsettings. (AFAICT, this bug has languished upstream for three years or more.)

Happily, there is a way to disable the KWallet daemon without running into a bogus error message from systemsettings.

The magic tool is the KWalletManager app. Start kwalletmanager from a terminal and then go into Settings -> Configure Wallet and deselect "Enable the KDE Wallet subsystem."

Problem solved.
$ kwalletmanager
bash: kwalletmanager: command not found

correct one for me from synaptic installed file tab is
$ /usr/bin/kwalletmanager5

Return to “MX Respins”