Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

KDE shutdown [solved]

Help on all MX Re-spins
Mauser

KDE shutdown [solved]

#1 Post by Mauser »

I am using KDE and when I click Leave none of the other selections in the application menu respond. I usually get a box with options but not anymore. Shut down, Restart, or anything else.
Last edited by Mauser on Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

chrispop99
Global Moderator

Re: KDE shutdown

#2 Post by chrispop99 »

Have a look at System Settings>Startup and Shutdown>Session Management, and see if there is a tick next to 'Offer Shutdown Options'.

Chris
MX Facebook Group Administrator.
Home-built desktop - Core i5 9400, 970 EVO Plus, 8GB
DELL XPS 15
Lots of test machines

Mauser

Re: KDE shutdown

#3 Post by Mauser »

chrispop99 wrote:Have a look at System Settings>Startup and Shutdown>Session Management, and see if there is a tick next to 'Offer Shutdown Options'.

Chris
Thanks. Too late. I had it with KDE. I did a force shutdown hitting the power button. When I booted up the shutdown would work but it messed up all the themeing. I am back on Xfce for good because KDE has been a headache for me. Thanks anyway.
I am command line illiterate. :confused: I copy & paste to the terminal. Liars, Wiseguys, Trolls, and those without manners will be added to my ignore list. :mad:

chrispop99
Global Moderator

Re: KDE shutdown [solved]

#4 Post by chrispop99 »

KDE requires more time to learn how to set it up, that's for sure!

Chris
MX Facebook Group Administrator.
Home-built desktop - Core i5 9400, 970 EVO Plus, 8GB
DELL XPS 15
Lots of test machines

Stevo
Developer

#5 Post by Stevo »

Was this with the KDE respin, or did you add it yourself?

Mauser

#6 Post by Mauser »

chrispop99 wrote:KDE requires more time to learn how to set it up, that's for sure!

Chris
Yes, it does. It's a real pain to set up. Poor documentation as well.

Mauser

#7 Post by Mauser »

Stevo wrote:Was this with the KDE respin, or did you add it yourself?
No, it's the stock KDE that comes with MX that I was setting it up the way I want through the use of the KDE settings. I wouldn't call it a respin. With the very poor documentation that KDE has it's trail and error and sometimes it goes right off a cliff.

richb
Administrator

#8 Post by richb »

I found it quite easy to configure. But I have a lot of experience with KDE. (had that is).
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

Stevo
Developer

#9 Post by Stevo »

Mauser wrote:
Stevo wrote:Was this with the KDE respin, or did you add it yourself?
No, it's the stock KDE that comes with MX that I was setting it up the way I want through the use of the KDE settings. I wouldn't call it a respin. With the very poor documentation that KDE has it's trail and error and sometimes it goes right off a cliff.
I'm still not clear what you mean. KDE doesn't officially come with MX--did you install it via the package installer, or use the unofficial KDE-added respin that I did?

Mauser

#10 Post by Mauser »

richb wrote:I found it quite easy to configure. But I have a lot of experience with KDE. (had that is).
In some cases it's easy to configure but in other cases it's not. I would imagine the experience you have with KDE the easier it would be. The problem is when you don't have much experience with KDE it's easy to go over a cliff with it depending on what changes you are looking to make and how far you go off the beaten path with it. The poor documentation compounds that problem. I don't find that problem with Xfce as their documentation is clear and concise.

Return to “MX Respins”