Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

uh oh, GHOSTBUSTERS r back ---new terminal weirdness

Help on all MX Re-spins
Stevo
Developer

Re: uh oh, GHOSTBUSTERS r back ---new terminal weirdness

#11 Post by Stevo »

Utopia wrote:Anyone using KDE must be prepared to do a lot of tweaking.
Purged xfce after installing KDE. Some of the old configurations was overriding the KDE settings. That meant goodbye to a few MX-tools.
Haven't seen the resizing problem in a pure KDE environment.
Henry
I managed to get around those issues with the respin with some good advice from others --all the MX tools are still available on both desktops. I purposely left xfce4 on there as a backup desktop and since it takes up very little additional disk space, though it does add to the menu clutter. Apt-notifier is using the same dialog boxes on both desktops, AFAIK.

lucky9

#12 Post by lucky9 »

I have a 'roll my own' MX-15_64 with a tweaked KDE that has been trouble-free. (I have not removed xfce. But do not use it normally.)
I used the Package Installer then fleshed out KDE from Synaptic. I keep a separate installation that uses the default install as a Reference System. Early in the process of integrating KDE I was glad I had the default system as a bullet-proof backup OS.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

Utopia
Administrator

#13 Post by Utopia »

This is what it looks like when Konsole is used. The command is much shorter.
Henry

kmathern
Developer

#14 Post by kmathern »

Utopia wrote:This is what it looks like when Konsole is used. The command is much shorter. ...
The command is shorter because I don't pass the geometry, icon and title settings to Konsole like I do with xfce4-terminal.
Actually I had wanted to do the same with Konsole but I couldn't get the options/settings working correctly.
With MX being XFCE based it wasn't priority of mine to spend the time trying to fix it, so I left the settings out of the Konsole command.

Utopia
Administrator

#15 Post by Utopia »

Thanks for the explanation. It's easy to believe that the short command is better and the long one is there to compensate for some kind of problem. Was wrong.
Henry

Return to “MX Respins”