Welcome!
Forum users

Current releases
--MX-23 release info here
--Migration information to MX-23 here
--antiX-23.1 (Arditi del Popolo) release info here

Important information
--If in starting your system it boots to an unwanted Desktop, right click desktop, then select leave and logout. At the
login screen there is a session chooser at the top of the screen.

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- New Forum Features, Marking Solved and Referencing a User: here

Unofficial MX 15-64 KDE snapshot

Help on all MX Re-spins
tascoast

Re: Unofficial MX 15-64 KDE snapshot

#81 Post by tascoast »

Thanks. What username and password will run the demo from the live DVD?
root pw is root

demo (user) pw is demo

:crossfingers:
Inspiron 15 5000-5593- (i7-1065G7) MX 19.2 AHS/MX-21//W10 - Lenovo ThinkCentre A58 4GBRAM (64-bit), MX-21/MX19/antiX19/Mint 19

eemaestro

#82 Post by eemaestro »

Thank you. Got Xfce booted from the live DVD on my 3rd try. So it runs on my 64-bit AMD CPU. Xfce looks great. No sound, though. Logged out to the username/password dialog box down by the river. Didn't see the KDE plasma option. Am I looking in the wrong place? Or does it have to be installed to the hard drive first? Or maybe I'll get lucky on my third try :)

arjaybe

#83 Post by arjaybe »

Up in the top right corner of the login page. It's really small.-)
Green Comet
Space particles.

Stevo
Developer

#84 Post by Stevo »

tascoast wrote:
Thanks. What username and password will run the demo from the live DVD?
root pw is root

demo (user) pw is demo

:crossfingers:
Those remain the same as in standard MX 15...those user names and passwords are noted on the MX Welcome screen that everyone sees, but can be easy to miss.

lucky9

#85 Post by lucky9 »

Two small icons up there. The one on the left is where you choose the Desktop you want to use. On a LiveDVD there is no way to keep the choice unless you use Persistence.
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

Jerry3904
Administrator

#86 Post by Jerry3904 »

The whole thing has a picture and an explanation in the...where you would expect, if expecting you were.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

arjaybe

#87 Post by arjaybe »

Jerry3904 wrote:The whole thing has a picture and an explanation in the...where you would expect, if expecting you were.
:biggrin:
Green Comet
Space particles.

lucky9

#88 Post by lucky9 »

The maybe I'll get lucky on the third try may have misled me. ;)
Yes, even I am dishonest. Not in many ways, but in some. Forty-one, I think it is.
--Mark Twain

eemaestro

#89 Post by eemaestro »

Well, yes, I found the MX-Linux manual. Thanks for the hyptertext link.
Yes, the icon is very small. Thanks, arjaybe.
lucky9 wrote:The maybe I'll get lucky on the third try may have misled me.
The first two times I tried to boot from the MX15 Live-DVD, it failed. The third time worked great.

I fiddled around with the KDE4.12.0 sound manager. I set the analog sound output to my SoundBlaster PCI card. Still no sound. Then I found buttons to display the KDE equivalent of a VU meter, and soon thereafter, a button to disable the HDMI (mobo) sound device.
After disabling it, suddenly sound from my SoundBlaster card. Great!
Thank you, all!
Looks great except no Kate under Utilities. No big deal; it prompted me to learn KWrite also does word wrap.
Finally got rid of the green BASH prompt. YAY! I have been able to modify the appearance of this windowing system to the point where it now looks good. I will play with Xfce too. Good job!

Stevo
Developer

#90 Post by Stevo »

Just sent up the May 2016 update. This one now autologins to the KDE desktop in the Live session, which will show MX Welcome and the installer sitting alone on the desktop. (MX Welcome has a link to the manual section which tells you the passwords for the Live session, BTW.) Everything is upgraded to the latest version in main and Debian, as well as having LibreOffice upgraded to 5.1.2 from jessie-backports and Qbittorrent upgraded to 3.3.4 from MX testing. The damaged libgs9 package has been fixed, and Dolphin's settings are changed a bit to show the old style text menu. This version is also still using lightdm with the MX 15 theming.

I thought about using kdm, but I like the MX 15 theme in lightdm better than any I could come up with in kdm, though the Oxygen kdm theme's not too bad.

It should be in the download repo soon (1.3 GB), or all the files, including md5 and sha512 hash sums and signature files, are temporarily here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxE7w ... UNaOWZJZkk
Last edited by Stevo on Fri May 20, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “MX Respins”