MX Linux Forum improvements/Auto Save plug-in

Postings and comments on the Community Blog
penguin

MX Linux Forum improvements/Auto Save plug-in

#1 Post by penguin »

Many times I have lost post after minutes or hours of writing them, touching unwittingly a keyboard key or for another reason. I encountered the same problem on other forums/portals also.
But....
I have a very good experience with some other forums/portals.They have installed a plug in that save automatically what you write and you lose nothing when something happen.So when you tried back to the post that you have been writing (before you escaped touching a wrong key or something else), you would found yourself where you have been before and your post magically will re-appear to continue where you have left off.

It is possible for MX Linux forum/portal to install this plug-in?

Gordon Cooper

Re: MX Linux Forum improvements/Auto Save plug-in

#2 Post by Gordon Cooper »

@ Penguin, this is a problem that also have. The present solution is to compose the document in Libre Office, where I have a short period auto-save, then Copy/Paste
in to the Forum - or to who ever else I am writing. LO might lose a few words occasionally, but certainly not it all.
Backup: Dell9010, MX-19_B2, Win7, 120 SSD, WD 232GIB HD, 4GB RAM
Primary :Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
MX-18.2 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.

richb
Administrator

#3 Post by richb »

Another method is to frequently use the "Save Draft" option.
Forum Rules
Guide - How to Ask for Help

richb Administrator
System: MX 23 KDE
AMD A8 7600 FM2+ CPU R7 Graphics, 16 GIG Mem. Three Samsung EVO SSD's 250 GB

jeffreyC

#4 Post by jeffreyC »

If you are using Firefox the add-on Form History Control will save what you typed into a text area, with the advantage of working everywhere.

timkb4cq
Developer

#5 Post by timkb4cq »

Just commenting using Firefox (no extra plugins) if you mistakenly erase something just press <Ctrl>z (undo) to restore it.
If you press <Ctrl>z too many times <Shift><Ctrl>z will go the other way (redo).
If I accidentally click a link & go away from the page, usually just using the Back button takes me back to what I was composing.
HP Pavillion TP01, AMD Ryzen 3 5300G (quad core), Crucial 500GB SSD, Toshiba 6TB 7200rpm
Dell Inspiron 15, AMD Ryzen 7 2700u (quad core). Sabrent 500GB nvme, Seagate 1TB

Adrian
Developer

#6 Post by Adrian »

timkb4cq wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:03 pm Just commenting using Firefox (no extra plugins) if you mistakenly erase something just press <Ctrl>z (undo) to restore it.
If you press <Ctrl>z too many times <Shift><Ctrl>z will go the other way (redo).
If I accidentally click a link & go away from the page, usually just using the Back button takes me back to what I was composing.
Yes, that's what I use in Chrome too, it works most of the times, for example I closed this tab after I wrote this, reopened with CTRL-Shift-T, when to a link and back with the Back button, and here I am with the same text in the input field.

Return to “MX Linux Official Blog”