-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

MX 15/16 Repository: The SuperTuxKart Thread

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

MX 15/16 Repository: The SuperTuxKart Thread

#1 Post by Stevo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:52 pm

SuperTuxKart 0.9.3~rc1 (Halloween Update) go-kart racing game, ported over from the developer's PPA, is now in our test repository.

The new Candela City "Paris" track
Read all about the new features, tracks, and characters here!

anticapitalista
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The SuperTuxKart Thread

#2 Post by anticapitalista » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:16 pm

stevo - is t also for the upcoming MX stretch?
anticapitalista
Reg. linux user #395339.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX-17 "Heather Heyer" - lean and mean.
https://antixlinux.com

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The SuperTuxKart Thread

#3 Post by Stevo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:03 pm

anticapitalista wrote:stevo - is t also for the upcoming MX stretch?
Yes, there are MX 17 packages, too. :happy: We should add a MX 17 section here once we get a public beta out.

I just leveled up in packaging since I found out how to use pdebuilder with QEMU to cross-compile, and optionally hook the MX repos or a local folder repo to the builds if necessary. But I built these in generic Jessie and Stretch pbuilds, so Debian users can use them, too.

The setup for a pbuilder cross-compile is many times faster and easier then installing a distro in Virtual Box, too. I even have a setup for armhf for the Pi, but that's way out there for now.

I'm using the generic Stretch pbuilder with newer libexiv2 and opencv-3.2.0 libraries as build-deps in a local folder repo to build Digikam 5.7.0 for MX 17 right now. Those two build-depends were first built on generic Stretch, then the debs put in the folder. I have a hook script that updates the Packages file in that folder with every package build in pbuilder, so I can just delete them after I don't need them any longer. They'll end up in the test repo, so I can hook that up if I ever need them again.

But I can't do some packages yet in these, like the openjdk updates from upstream. There's probably a way, but I just don't know it.

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX-15/16”