Welcome!
Important information
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities
-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

[SOLVED] MX-16 PACKAGE REQUESTS: Please provide the general localization packages for KDE applications

Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
MX-16_fan
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 958
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:09 pm

[SOLVED] MX-16 PACKAGE REQUESTS: Please provide the general localization packages for KDE applications

#1 Post by MX-16_fan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:49 pm

Just wanted to help a friend with some tidy-up work using Gwenview when I noticed that Gwenview didn't run in German (even though his system itself did), probably because Gwenview was missing the following packages:

Code: Select all

language-pack-kde-de-base
language-pack-kde-de
kde-i18n-de
I couldn't find any of those, neither in the normal repos nor in the MX-Test Repo.

Could you possibly provide them in the MX-Test Repo?


Many thanks in advance for looking into this, and have a good week, Joe
Last edited by MX-16_fan on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dolphin_oracle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 10162
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Re: MX-16 PACKAGE REQUESTS: Please provide the general localization packages for KDE applications

#2 Post by dolphin_oracle » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:18 pm

MX-16_fan wrote:Just wanted to help a friend with some tidy-up work using Gwenview when I noticed that Gwenview didn't run in German (even though his system itself did), probably because Gwenview was missing the following packages:

Code: Select all

language-pack-kde-de-base
language-pack-kde-de
kde-i18n-de
I couldn't find any of those, neither in the normal repos nor in the MX-Test Repo.

Could you possibly provide them in the MX-Test Repo?


Many thanks in advance for looking into this, and have a good week, Joe
kde-l10n-de is present (its a lower case L not a i).

the others are ubuntu metapackages. which looking at them, may not be necessary.
Last edited by dolphin_oracle on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad T530 - MX-17
lenovo s21e & 100s - antiX-17, MX17(live-usb)
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

User avatar
MX-16_fan
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 958
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Re: MX-16 PACKAGE REQUESTS: Please provide the general localization packages for KDE applications

#3 Post by MX-16_fan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:38 am

@dolphin_oracle:
dolphin_oracle wrote:kde-l18n-de is present (its a lower case L not a i).
Wow, looks like I got some awfully wrong information from some other forum. I wonder why people there claimed that installing "kde-i18n-de" had fixed their problem? Was that the former name of the localization package?

I could not find a package named "kde-l18n-de" in MX-16's standard repos either. What I did, however, find was a package named "kde-l10n-de". Just installing it.

I'll tell you whether it solved the above-mentioned problem (after rebooting :happy:).


Greetings, and thanks, Joe
Last edited by MX-16_fan on Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
dolphin_oracle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 10162
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Re: MX-16 PACKAGE REQUESTS: Please provide the general localization packages for KDE applications

#4 Post by dolphin_oracle » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:40 am

MX-16_fan wrote:@dolphin_oracle:
dolphin_oracle wrote:kde-l18n-de is present (its a lower case L not a i).
Wow, looks like I got some awfully wrong information from some other forum. I wonder why people there claimed that installing "kde-i18n-de" had fixed their problem? Was that the former name of the localization package?

I could not find a package named "kde-l18n-de" in MX-16's standard repos either. What I did, however, find was a package named "kde-l10n-de". Just installing it.

I'll tell you whether it solved the above-mentioned problem (after rebooting :happy:).


Greetings, and thanks, Joe
whoops! typo! edited original post, thanks

apparently old posts. there was a kde-l18n set of packages, at least in 2005 or so.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad T530 - MX-17
lenovo s21e & 100s - antiX-17, MX17(live-usb)
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

User avatar
MX-16_fan
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 958
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Re: MX-16 PACKAGE REQUESTS: Please provide the general localization packages for KDE applications

#5 Post by MX-16_fan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:01 am

UPDATE:

Installing the above-mentioned package named "kde-l10n-de" changed Gwenview's localization to German.

Maybe it would make sense to add this package to some general language adjustment meta-package in MX-16?

I'll mark this "SOLVED".


Greetings and thanks a lot, and have a nice weekend, Joe

User avatar
dolphin_oracle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 10162
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Re: MX-16 PACKAGE REQUESTS: Please provide the general localization packages for KDE applications

#6 Post by dolphin_oracle » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:02 am

MX-16_fan wrote:UPDATE:

Installing the above-mentioned package named "kde-l10n-de" changed Gwenview's localization to German.

Maybe it would make sense to add this package to some general language adjustment meta-package in MX-16?

I'll mark this "SOLVED".


Greetings and thanks a lot, and have a nice weekend, Joe
if we ever do a kde distro, we will keep that in mind.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad T530 - MX-17
lenovo s21e & 100s - antiX-17, MX17(live-usb)
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

User avatar
MX-16_fan
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 958
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Re: MX-16 PACKAGE REQUESTS: Please provide the general localization packages for KDE applications

#7 Post by MX-16_fan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:07 am

@dolphin_oracle:
dolphin_oracle wrote:if we ever do a kde distro, we will keep that in mind.
I was merely thinking of people who love Xfce but who have to use a KDE application every now and then :happy:. Greetings, and have a nice weekend, Joe

Post Reply

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX-15/16”