-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

MX 15/16 Repository: The YACReader Thread

selmf
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The YACReader Thread

#21 Post by selmf » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:14 pm

For the time being I'm happy I got it working at all. I took a few shortcuts to create the source tarballs for the "gn" build tool and pdfium itself, and these have to be transformed into a proper get-orig-source target. For completeness the future libpdfium package also needs a pkg-config file, but I'm not quite sure how to create these from scratch "the debian way".

Btw, if you want to build YACReader with pdfium, you have to add "CONFIG+=pdfium" to the qmake parameters.

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#22 Post by Stevo » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:20 pm

I believe you're allowed to just install a package-config file from the debian folder if the source doesn't include one.

selmf
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

#23 Post by selmf » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:00 am

I've uploaded a new version that is a bit more complete. Changes so far:

- renamed pdfium package to libpdfium
- get-orig-source target for pdfium
- new upstream release

Debhelper and autoreconf errors are low priority for me right now but I noticed that you have a lot of packages at the OBS where you build them as a depenency. Wouldn't it be smarter to just build them once and then use that repo as a dependency for the other packages?

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#24 Post by Stevo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:28 pm

selmf wrote:I've uploaded a new version that is a bit more complete. Changes so far:

- renamed pdfium package to libpdfium
- get-orig-source target for pdfium
- new upstream release

Debhelper and autoreconf errors are low priority for me right now but I noticed that you have a lot of packages at the OBS where you build them as a depenency. Wouldn't it be smarter to just build them once and then use that repo as a dependency for the other packages?
I've never hooked an OBS repo to another, but I guess it wouldn't be that hard--I think I see the option to do that. Have you done that before?

I just have the source files for those backports sitting here, easily accessible, so it's been no great trouble to add them to a repo. It's also possible to revert packages to debhelper 9 compatibility if that's what you really want; that just involves adding "--parallel" to the main dh line in /rules, and if the build also requires the autoreconf step, adding dh-autoreconf to the build-depends and the "with autoreconf" (spelling?) to the dh rules line. Debhelper 10 does all that stuff automatically. I usually just stick with debhelper 10 if that's how it comes from upstream, since that's less work and less places for me to make a typo or something.

selmf
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

#25 Post by selmf » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:13 pm

Yes, I've done this before. Here's an example:

<repository name="Debian_8.0">
<path project="home:stbuehler:debian-jessie" repository="Debian_8.0"/>
<path project="Debian:8.0" repository="standard"/>
<arch>i586</arch>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>

The extra path in this case contains a backported version of cmake which I need to build libunarr. I probably could add debhelper backports from any of your repos using the same approach. There's just one catch, the packages from the hooked repo will be available as dependencies for your packages, but not for users using the repo. For build tools that is absolutely fine and even beneficial as it keeps things nicely seperated, for other stuff the user has to add multiple repos.

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#26 Post by Stevo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:54 pm

Hey, thanks! Adding this to my notes right now. I can see now that the OBS also generates changes files, which means that we packagers could re-sign those and use them to send OBS packages to our own repository (not random ones, but ones that the packager had built)

selmf
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

#27 Post by selmf » Wed May 02, 2018 10:55 am

Some more good news. The YACReader main repo just moved to GitHub (https://github.com/YACReader/yacreader), so I took the occasion to move my packaging stuff to GitHub as well (https://github.com/selmf). This way anyone interested can contribute to the packages.

No pdfium stuff yet, I'm still tweaking the packages.

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#28 Post by Stevo » Wed May 02, 2018 7:16 pm

Thanks for the update!

selmf
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

#29 Post by selmf » Thu May 31, 2018 2:21 am

Test package of YACReader 9.0 using libpdfium as pdf renderer is available on https://build.opensuse.org/project/show ... ader-beta/ . This requires libunarr being installed from my regular OBS repo or from the mx-repos.

Technically these packages are solid and safe to use, but lintian will probably scream. Happy testing!

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#30 Post by Stevo » Thu May 31, 2018 1:27 pm

selmf wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 2:21 am
Test package of YACReader 9.0 using libpdfium as pdf renderer is available on https://build.opensuse.org/project/show ... ader-beta/ . This requires libunarr being installed from my regular OBS repo or from the mx-repos.

Technically these packages are solid and safe to use, but lintian will probably scream. Happy testing!
Thanks--trying it now!

I just noticed yesterday that the antiX Stretch repo added a build of YACreader which is built against the slightly older version of libunarr in their own repo, and since the MX libarr 1.0.1 remains installed here and their version was seen as an upgrade, it stopped working after it was upgraded. It's since been fixed with a rebuild of our own to be seen as higher, but would you recommend that antiX also upgrade libunarr and rebuild YACreader?

The situation with the MX and antiX repos is that MX uses both, but antiX doesn't use the MX repos.

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX-15/16”