-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

MX-16 package proposal: PeaZip (standalone feature-packed archiver)

MX-16_fan
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: MX-16 package proposal: PeaZip (standalone feature-packed archiver)

#31 Post by MX-16_fan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:36 am

@Richard:
Richard wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:37 am
Here is a current active link to my MX folder on Dropbox. Let me know if if fails to open for you:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z2kff6357i05 ... UaBea?dl=0
Within it are PeaZip binaries for 64 and 32 bit.

Thanks!

Couldn't open that page using Pale Moon, but I could download your archive using wget.

However, I don't see any .deb file in there.

Greetings, Joe

Richard

#32 Post by Richard » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:29 pm

@Joe,
It isn't a page; it's a link to a Dropbox folder.

Neither is it packaged into a deb, it is a binary within the /pea-64 folder.

Copy the /pea-* folder into ~/bin/pea
Create a link on the task bar/ panel / menu etc., to execute.
Check permissions to make sure it is executable.
MX171: Lenovo T430: Intel DualCore i5-3320M, 8GB RAM, 4.18.7-antix.1-amd64-smp, 119GB SSD
MX171: AA1/EeePC: DualCore N270, 1GB RAM, 4.9.126-antix.1-686-smp-pae, 150GB HDD
DoubleCmd84, LibO61, Dropbox, PaleMoon, CherryTree, Vbox. LinuxCounter #208633

Richard

#33 Post by Richard » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:31 pm

@Joe,

I downloaded the peazip_portable-6.6.0.LINUX.x86_64.GTK2.tar.gz from the peazip web site,
https://sourceforge.net/projects/peazip/files/6.6.0/

Opened the tgz and then extract everything into a folder. I put mine into ~/bin/peazip. (create ~/bin/peazip)
The name of the binary is just 'peazip' not peazip_portable as mentioned in the included text.

There is a peazip.desktop file included in the 'Freedesktop Installation' folder. You will need to modify the executable to point to wherever you place your executable. Mine is at /home/richard/bin/peazip/peazip
As root, copy the modified, corrected peazip.desktop to /usr/share/applications/peazip.desktop

And it works as expected. There is also a 32 bit version on that site.
I'm going to remove the older version that I built, since this supercedes it.

Copied from the peazip_help.pdf:
"INSTALLATION
PeaZip is a natively portable application, it means that no installation procedure is strictly required to prepare the system to run it.
The program is released in two ways: as installable package (.deb, .rpm, .tgz) automatically handling system integration, for ease of use, and as standalone .tar.gz package (peazip_portable).
To install the latter, unpack the content of the .tar.gz package in the directory you prefer; you can move the program's folder in another directory whenever you want (even on network or removable paths).

USAGE
To start PeaZip doubleclick (or launch by console) "peazip" binary.
If the system finds unresolved dependencies while launching peazip binary for the first time, please follow the instructions of your installer manager to install the needed libraries (may be standard gtk/gdk related libraries, most of times libgdk_pixbuf library).
If the program does not start and the system doesn't give any warning, try launching peazip from a console to get more detailed feedback.

SYSTEM INTEGRATION
Installable packages authomatically handles system integration in Gnome and KDE.
If you are using peazip_portable or if you want to customize the system integration in your desktop environment please follow the instructions in FreeDesktop_integration folder, which contains example for integrating the application in Gnome (.desktop files and Nautilus scripts) and KDE (.desktop files for Konqueror's Action service menu).

COMPILE PEAZIP
PeaZip is developed in FreePascal using Lazarus development environment; to compile the application from source package and for any other information please refer to application's website:
http://www.peazip.org http://code.google.com/p/peazip/ "
MX171: Lenovo T430: Intel DualCore i5-3320M, 8GB RAM, 4.18.7-antix.1-amd64-smp, 119GB SSD
MX171: AA1/EeePC: DualCore N270, 1GB RAM, 4.9.126-antix.1-686-smp-pae, 150GB HDD
DoubleCmd84, LibO61, Dropbox, PaleMoon, CherryTree, Vbox. LinuxCounter #208633

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX-15/16”