Welcome!
Important information
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities
-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

Message
Author
User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2370
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#31 Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:58 am

Stevo wrote:Mike, you have to watch out for the versioning, since it's still the alpha and not the final 1.4.0 version you built it as for the mx 17 repo. This hurts when we do get a real 1.4.0 release. The "~" symbol is our friend here, since any version including it in the version will be seen as lower than the final, so a correct versioning could be

ksnip (1.4.0~alpha+git20171125-0mx17+1)

then when we get the final release, we can knock off all the extra stuff and just have

1.4.0-1mx17+1 and it will be an upgrade, but we've already "burned" that version. Maybe Tim can purge it and start over with the correct version...it's the test repo, after all.
He forgot the

Code: Select all

#include <cmath>
in the new one to run with composting off.

I'll include 'alpha' in the next one.'
LT: MX17.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 4.16.0-12.1-liquorix-amd64 (64 bit)
DT: Intel(R) Core i5-3.1GHz Kernel~3.9-1-mepis64 x86_64

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 16170
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#32 Post by Stevo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:47 pm

mmikeinsantarosa wrote: He forgot the

Code: Select all

#include <cmath>
in the new one to run with composting off.

I'll include 'alpha' in the next one.'
We can always patch that line in...

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2370
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#33 Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:15 pm

Stevo wrote:
mmikeinsantarosa wrote: He forgot the

Code: Select all

#include <cmath>
in the new one to run with composting off.

I'll include 'alpha' in the next one.'
We can always patch that line in...
Already done in the set sent to TIm. I just wanted to leave a note here so the author would catch it next time.
LT: MX17.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 4.16.0-12.1-liquorix-amd64 (64 bit)
DT: Intel(R) Core i5-3.1GHz Kernel~3.9-1-mepis64 x86_64

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 16170
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#34 Post by Stevo » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:53 pm

OK, but we should start a new thread, since the newer version can't build on MX 15/16.

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2370
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#35 Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:01 pm

Stevo wrote:OK, but we should start a new thread, since the newer version can't build on MX 15/16.
Just as soon as he alpha makes it in.
LT: MX17.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 4.16.0-12.1-liquorix-amd64 (64 bit)
DT: Intel(R) Core i5-3.1GHz Kernel~3.9-1-mepis64 x86_64

User avatar
dporobic
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:06 am

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#36 Post by dporobic » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:04 am

The missing include should have been fixed couple of days ago, I have replaced it with qtmath and added the include where any of the math functions is used, do you still see some build errors?

The 1.4.0 version is currently in active development and I'm pushing daily new commits, but I hope it will be done until next weekend and ready for release.

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2370
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#37 Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:17 am

dporobic wrote:The missing include should have been fixed couple of days ago, I have replaced it with qtmath and added the include where any of the math functions is used, do you still see some build errors?

The 1.4.0 version is currently in active development and I'm pushing daily new commits, but I hope it will be done until next weekend and ready for release.
Let me know when there's a new release and we'll find out.

Mike
LT: MX17.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 4.16.0-12.1-liquorix-amd64 (64 bit)
DT: Intel(R) Core i5-3.1GHz Kernel~3.9-1-mepis64 x86_64

User avatar
asqwerth
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 3256
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 5:37 am

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#38 Post by asqwerth » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:21 pm

In stable version 1.3, dev has incorporated the fix for the black screen problem that arises when compositing is off, so that ksnip 1.3 can now be used to screenshot a selected rectangular area without enabling compositing. Before this fix, you needed compositing enabled to be able to use the "select rectangular area for screenshot" option.

Could the updated package be added to the test repo for further trial? Since ksnip 1.4 apparently can't build on MX15/16 (QT version is too recent), this update of 1.3 is pretty significant.

https://github.com/DamirPorobic/ksnip/tree/v1.3.2
Desktop: Intel i5-4460, 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics
Clevo N130WU-based Ultrabook: Intel i7-8550U (Kaby Lake R), 16GB RAM, Intel integrated graphics (UEFI)
ASUS X42D laptop: AMD Phenom II, 6GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD 5400

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2370
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#39 Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:25 pm

asqwerth wrote:In stable version 1.3, dev has incorporated the fix for the black screen problem that arises when compositing is off, so that ksnip 1.3 can now be used to screenshot a selected rectangular area without enabling compositing. Before this fix, you needed compositing enabled to be able to use the "select rectangular area for screenshot" option.

Could the updated package be added to the test repo for further trial? Since ksnip 1.4 apparently can't build on MX15/16 (QT version is too recent), this update of 1.3 is pretty significant.

https://github.com/DamirPorobic/ksnip/tree/v1.3.2
I'll take a look.
LT: MX17.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 4.16.0-12.1-liquorix-amd64 (64 bit)
DT: Intel(R) Core i5-3.1GHz Kernel~3.9-1-mepis64 x86_64

User avatar
dporobic
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:06 am

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#40 Post by dporobic » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:57 pm


Post Reply

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX-15/16”