Welcome!
Important information
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities
-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

Message
Author
User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 16300
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#21 Post by Stevo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:36 pm

MX 16 still has Qt 5 5.3, but 1.4 will only build if you have Qt 5>= 5.4, so that means Stretch/MX 17. I'll look and see if I can get it to build packages on Stretch...getting the correct build dependencies for Qt 5 can be considerably more difficult than with Qt4, where you basically just need libqt4-dev.

Working on getting the build-dependencies right...it also requires extra-cmake-modules.

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 16300
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#22 Post by Stevo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:39 pm

Using these build-depends in a vanilla Stretch pbuilder with the stock gcc-6.3:

Code: Select all

Build-Depends: debhelper (>=10), 
                cmake  (>= 2.8.12),
                extra-cmake-modules,
                qtbase5-dev (>= 5.4.0),
                qttools5-dev-tools (>= 5.4.0),
                libqt5x11extras5-dev (>= 5.4.0),
                libx11-dev,
                libxfixes-dev
The build errors out about 73% through with

Code: Select all

/build/ksnip-1.4.0~git20171122/src/widgets/settingsPicker/SettingsPickerPopup.cpp: In member function 'void SettingsPickerPopup::regenerateColorGrid()':
/build/ksnip-1.4.0~git20171122/src/widgets/settingsPicker/SettingsPickerPopup.cpp:400:25: error: 'ceil' is not a member of 'std'
         columns = (int) std::ceil(std::sqrt((float) mColorItems.count()));
                         ^~~
/build/ksnip-1.4.0~git20171122/src/widgets/settingsPicker/SettingsPickerPopup.cpp:400:35: error: 'sqrt' is not a member of 'std'
         columns = (int) std::ceil(std::sqrt((float) mColorItems.count()));
                                   ^~~
CMakeFiles/ksnip.dir/build.make:696: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/ksnip.dir/src/widgets/settingsPicker/SettingsPickerPopup.cpp.o' failed

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2406
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#23 Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:10 pm

Stevo wrote:Using these build-depends in a vanilla Stretch pbuilder with the stock gcc-6.3:

Code: Select all

Build-Depends: debhelper (>=10), 
                cmake  (>= 2.8.12),
                extra-cmake-modules,
                qtbase5-dev (>= 5.4.0),
                qttools5-dev-tools (>= 5.4.0),
                libqt5x11extras5-dev (>= 5.4.0),
                libx11-dev,
                libxfixes-dev
The build errors out about 73% through with

Code: Select all

/build/ksnip-1.4.0~git20171122/src/widgets/settingsPicker/SettingsPickerPopup.cpp: In member function 'void SettingsPickerPopup::regenerateColorGrid()':
/build/ksnip-1.4.0~git20171122/src/widgets/settingsPicker/SettingsPickerPopup.cpp:400:25: error: 'ceil' is not a member of 'std'
         columns = (int) std::ceil(std::sqrt((float) mColorItems.count()));
                         ^~~
/build/ksnip-1.4.0~git20171122/src/widgets/settingsPicker/SettingsPickerPopup.cpp:400:35: error: 'sqrt' is not a member of 'std'
         columns = (int) std::ceil(std::sqrt((float) mColorItems.count()));
                                   ^~~
CMakeFiles/ksnip.dir/build.make:696: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/ksnip.dir/src/widgets/settingsPicker/SettingsPickerPopup.cpp.o' failed
Yeah, I gave it a try earlier and it choked, didn't know about the

Code: Select all

extra-cmake-modules
package. sqrt is in QMath. Maybe there's another qt5 package?
LT: MX17.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 4.16.0-12.1-liquorix-amd64 (64 bit)
DT: Intel(R) Core i5-3.1GHz Kernel~3.9-1-mepis64 x86_64

User avatar
dporobic
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:06 am

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#24 Post by dporobic » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:52 am

Can you try adding this include to the src/widgets/settingsPicker/SettingsPickerPopup.cpp file?

Code: Select all

 * Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
 */

#include "SettingsPickerPopup.h"
#include <cmath>    // <-- Here

SettingsPickerPopup::SettingsPickerPopup(int width, QWidget* parent) :
I'll fix that tonight hopefully. This think doesn't cause any errors on my machine and slips through :frown:

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2406
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#25 Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:37 am

dporobic wrote:Can you try adding this include to the src/widgets/settingsPicker/SettingsPickerPopup.cpp file?

Code: Select all

 * Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.
 */

#include "SettingsPickerPopup.h"
#include <cmath>    // <-- Here

SettingsPickerPopup::SettingsPickerPopup(int width, QWidget* parent) :
I'll fix that tonight hopefully. This think doesn't cause any errors on my machine and slips through :frown:
I'll take a look - mike
LT: MX17.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 4.16.0-12.1-liquorix-amd64 (64 bit)
DT: Intel(R) Core i5-3.1GHz Kernel~3.9-1-mepis64 x86_64

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2406
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#26 Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:51 pm

that worked.
ksnip-1.4.png
I'll send up a set to go into MX17 test - mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LT: MX17.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 4.16.0-12.1-liquorix-amd64 (64 bit)
DT: Intel(R) Core i5-3.1GHz Kernel~3.9-1-mepis64 x86_64

User avatar
dporobic
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:06 am

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#27 Post by dporobic » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:58 pm

Thanks Mike for confirming!

I have added the fix to the v1.4.0 branch.

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2406
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#28 Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:45 pm

dporobic wrote:Thanks Mike for confirming!

I have added the fix to the v1.4.0 branch.
yeah, just let me know when changes show up and I'll get it built and up. - mike
LT: MX17.1 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 4.16.0-12.1-liquorix-amd64 (64 bit)
DT: Intel(R) Core i5-3.1GHz Kernel~3.9-1-mepis64 x86_64

User avatar
dporobic
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:06 am

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#29 Post by dporobic » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:51 pm

GuiGuy wrote:Tried Ksnip on both MX16 and MX15.

It almost works, but when I start a new rectangular snip the whole screen
goes black so that I cannot tell exactly which rectangle I am selecting.
asqwerth wrote: And for ksnip 1.3.1, I am reporting that issue #34 (see: https://github.com/DamirPorobic/ksnip/issues/34 ) relating to the whole screen turning black and opaque if compositing is not turned on, also affects XFCE just like it does KDE Plasma per the reported issue.
I've implemented a workaround for the blackscreen when using ksnip without compositor enabled. I'm checking now if compositor is enabled, and if not, we show a background image of the desktop but the screenshot that happens afterwards is made on the desktop itself. This same approach is done by KDE Spectacle but they do it this way if compositor is enabled or not.

Would be great if you guys could test and provide some feedback, let me know if that works for you or if something is not working as expected.

The fix can be found here https://github.com/DamirPorobic/ksnip/tree/v1.4.0

*edit: Merged fix into v1.4.0 branch and updated link

Cheers,
Damir
Last edited by dporobic on Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 16300
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Ksnip Thread

#30 Post by Stevo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:22 pm

Mike, you have to watch out for the versioning, since it's still the alpha and not the final 1.4.0 version you built it as for the mx 17 repo. This hurts when we do get a real 1.4.0 release. The "~" symbol is our friend here, since any version including it in the version will be seen as lower than the final, so a correct versioning could be

ksnip (1.4.0~alpha+git20171125-0mx17+1)

then when we get the final release, we can knock off all the extra stuff and just have

1.4.0-1mx17+1 and it will be an upgrade, but we've already "burned" that version. Maybe Tim can purge it and start over with the correct version...it's the test repo, after all.

Post Reply

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX-15/16”