Welcome!
Important information
-- Required MX 15/16 Repository Changes
-- Information on torrent hosting changes
-- Information on MX15/16 GPG Keys
-- Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities

News
-- Introducing our new Website
-- MX Linux on social media: here

Current releases
-- MX-18.3 Point Release release info here
-- Migration Information to MX-18 here
-- antiX-17.4.1 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

MX 15 Community Repository: The Thunderbird Thread

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2813
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 15 Community Repository: The Thunderbird Thread

#61

Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:07 pm

thunderbird-52.0.1 is now available to upgrade to.

Minimal bug fix with more to come. - Check out the release notes for more.

- mike
LT: MX18.2 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

User avatar
Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 19291
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:07 pm

Re: MX 15 Community Repository: The Thunderbird Thread

#62

Post by Stevo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:25 pm

Looks like Debian added an epoch to their 45 version, making it look higher than our 52.

Code: Select all

steve@mx1:~$ apt-cache policy thunderbird
thunderbird:
  Installed: 52.0.1~mozillabinaries-1mx15
  Candidate: 1:45.8.0-3~deb8u1
  Version table:
     1:45.8.0-3~deb8u1 0
        500 http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates/main amd64 Packages
 *** 52.0.1~mozillabinaries-1mx15 0
        500 http://iso.mxrepo.com/mx/repo/ mx15/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
They fired the first shot, we can only do the same to stay ahead. :p

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2813
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 15 Community Repository: The Thunderbird Thread

#63

Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:35 pm

Stevo wrote:Looks like Debian added an epoch to their 45 version, making it look higher than our 52.

Code: Select all

steve@mx1:~$ apt-cache policy thunderbird
thunderbird:
  Installed: 52.0.1~mozillabinaries-1mx15
  Candidate: 1:45.8.0-3~deb8u1
  Version table:
     1:45.8.0-3~deb8u1 0
        500 http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates/main amd64 Packages
 *** 52.0.1~mozillabinaries-1mx15 0
        500 http://iso.mxrepo.com/mx/repo/ mx15/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
They fired the first shot, we can only do the same to stay ahead. :p
Yesiree, Bob.
LT: MX18.2 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

User avatar
Eadwine Rose
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 8201
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:10 am

Re: MX 15 Community Repository: The Thunderbird Thread

#64

Post by Eadwine Rose » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:59 pm

So... do we upgrade, or do we wait for a newer mx version?
MX-18.3_x64 May 26 2019 * 4.19.0-5-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.12.3 * 8-core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 390.116 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy5030

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2813
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 15 Community Repository: The Thunderbird Thread

#65

Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:03 am

Eadwine Rose wrote:So... do we upgrade, or do we wait for a newer mx version?
I'd suggest waiting. I just sent the epoch-ized 1:52.0.1 set up. It should be available tomorrow sometime.

- mike
LT: MX18.2 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

User avatar
Eadwine Rose
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 8201
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:10 am

Re: MX 15 Community Repository: The Thunderbird Thread

#66

Post by Eadwine Rose » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:12 am

Alrighty :) Thanks!
MX-18.3_x64 May 26 2019 * 4.19.0-5-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.12.3 * 8-core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 390.116 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy5030

User avatar
mmikeinsantarosa
Forum Guide
Forum Guide
Posts: 2813
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am

Re: MX 15 Community Repository: The Thunderbird Thread

#67

Post by mmikeinsantarosa » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:54 am

Our updated 1:52.0.1 thunderbird is now available to download. So have at it. - mike
LT: MX18.2 Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-6820HQ Kernel: 5.0.0-7.1-liquorix-amd64 x86_64

User avatar
Eadwine Rose
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 8201
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:10 am

Re: MX 15 Community Repository: The Thunderbird Thread

#68

Post by Eadwine Rose » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Thanks Mike! Works like a charm :)
MX-18.3_x64 May 26 2019 * 4.19.0-5-amd64 ext4 Xfce 4.12.3 * 8-core AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Asus TUF B450-Plus Gaming UEFI * Asus GTX 1050 Ti Nvidia 390.116 * 2x16Gb DDR4 2666 Kingston HyperX Predator
Samsung 860EVO * Samsung S24D330 & P2250 * HP Envy5030

User avatar
cyrilus31
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Posts: 780
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Re: MX 15 Community Repository: The Thunderbird Thread

#69

Post by cyrilus31 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:51 am

I don't know if it's the good place to talk about it (move it if needed) but we are discussing problem about thunderbird localization on french forum.

Even though we update the language pack with the last version available (thunderbird-l10n-xpi-fr_52.0.1) into the repos thunderbird displays the old 45.5.0 version and so can't be used because of compatibility issue. The only solution Jerry gave us is to directly download the addon.

User avatar
dolphin_oracle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Posts: 11476
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Re: MX 15 Community Repository: The Thunderbird Thread

#70

Post by dolphin_oracle » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:56 am

cyrilus31 wrote:I don't know if it's the good place to talk about it (move it if needed) but we are discussing problem about thunderbird localization on french forum.

Even though we update the language pack with the last version available (thunderbird-l10n-xpi-fr_52.0.1) into the repos thunderbird displays the old 45.5.0 version and so can't be used because of compatibility issue. The only solution Jerry gave us is to directly download the addon.
I'm looking into this tonight. Thanks for the heads-up.
http://www.youtube.com/runwiththedolphin
lenovo ThinkPad T530 - MX-18
lenovo s21e - MX-18, antiX-17.3.1 (live-USB)
FYI: mx "test" repo is not the same thing as debian testing repo.

Post Reply

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX-15/16”