Welcome!

Please read this important information about Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities.
Please read this important information about MX sources lists.
News
  • MX Linux on social media: here
  • Mepis support still here
Current releases
  • MX-17 Final release info here
  • MX-16.1 release info here
  • antiX-17 release info here
    New users
    • Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
    • Read Forum Rules

MX 15 Repository: The palemoon thread

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: MX 15 Repository: The palemoon thread

#201 Postby Stevo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:45 pm

The new major update 27.5.0 is now in the main repository. There is a long list of fixes and changes, so I'll just link to them: https://github.com/MoonchildProductions ... n/releases

Gordon Cooper
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

#202 Postby Gordon Cooper » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:34 pm

27.5.0 installed and running without any observed problems. Thanks.

Edit: Maybe I spoke too soon. Have lost access to my Dropbox files. Can get to their site OK but cannot log in nor look at anything. Might not be a browser problem
but that is the only thing changed yesterday. Investigating further.
Homebrew64 bit Intel duo core 2 GB RAM, 120 GB Kingston SSD, Seagate1TB.
Primary OS : MX-16.1 64bit. Also MX17, Kubuntu14.04 & Puppy 6.3.
Toshiba Portege Tablet MX16, WinXP.

MX-16_fan
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#203 Postby MX-16_fan » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:48 am

@Stevo:

Stevo wrote:The new major update 27.5.0 is now in the main repository. There is a long list of fixes and changes, so I'll just link to them: https://github.com/MoonchildProductions ... n/releases

Thanks a lot, Stevo! Looking forward to testing it.

Greetings, and have a nice weekend, Joe

Gordon Cooper
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

#204 Postby Gordon Cooper » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:46 pm

More about installation and my edited post yesterday. Cannot access Dropbox properly through Palemoon 27.5 , have lost the linking that allows me to send selection commands by clicking an onscreen Tab.

Dropbox works perfectly with Firefox on same machine/MX-16.1 installation. Next is a complete delete of 27.5 and try again.

Edit: Reinstalled PM, no improvement, but using 27.5 Palemoon with OS MX-15 (another partition on same computer) also works perfectly. :confused:

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#205 Postby Stevo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:11 pm

Seems like it was some kind of user agent problem in 27.5.0, hopefully addressed in 27.5.1, which I'm working on right now.

Changed the default Windows 10 styling when no accent color is applied to black-on-white.
Changed the theme styling on Windows 10 when the system window frame is used (menu bar enabled) to use the window manager background directly, preventing visual lag updating the window color when it changes.
Updated user agent overrides for DropBox, YouTube and Yahoo to work around user agent sniffing issues.
Fixed a crash in the media subsystem.
Fixed a regression where video playback hardware acceleration was disabled incorrectly on some systems.

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#206 Postby Stevo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:37 pm

Stevo wrote:Seems like it was some kind of user agent problem in 27.5.0, hopefully addressed in 27.5.1, which I'm working on right now.

Changed the default Windows 10 styling when no accent color is applied to black-on-white.
Changed the theme styling on Windows 10 when the system window frame is used (menu bar enabled) to use the window manager background directly, preventing visual lag updating the window color when it changes.
Updated user agent overrides for DropBox, YouTube and Yahoo to work around user agent sniffing issues.
Fixed a crash in the media subsystem.
Fixed a regression where video playback hardware acceleration was disabled incorrectly on some systems.

The developers also let me know I should add Graphite compiler optimization flags to the configuration: https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Graphite Maybe it will speed it up a bit, who knows. It's done by adding the mystical compiler flags to the mozconfig file:

Code: Select all

-floop-parallelize-all -fpredictive-commoning -ftree-loop-distribution -ftree-vectorize

Gordon Cooper
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

#207 Postby Gordon Cooper » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:34 pm

Thanks Stevo. Will wait 'n see how 25.1 behaves.

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#208 Postby Stevo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:58 pm

Got MX 15/16 builds done and am uploading them now. Getting it to build on Wheezy's gcc-4.7 with Graphite failed at first until I read the error message and added libcloog-ppl0 as a build-depend, now it's been buildng for a while without failing.

MX-16_fan
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#209 Postby MX-16_fan » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:56 am

@all:

I think I found what looks like a major security breach in the 27.5.1 version:

A couple of days ago, a friend of mine installed the new version, logged into eBay and then shut down his grid.

When he rebooted the other day and started Pale Moon, it restored the exact web page used in the session before (some eBay account administration page), while being automatically logged in.

This happened even though he didn't have "save passwords" switched on, and even though he had chosen the "delete everything upon closing Pale Moon" option (cookies etc.) before.

I saw this with my own eyes. However, I couldn't reproduce this after yet another reboot today.

Can any of you reproduce this worrisome kind of behaviour?

Greetings, and have a nice week, Joe

MX-16_fan
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

#210 Postby MX-16_fan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:26 pm

@all:

MX-16_fan wrote:@all:

I think I found what looks like a major security breach in the 27.5.1 version:

A couple of days ago, a friend of mine installed the new version, logged into eBay and then shut down his grid.

When he rebooted the other day and started Pale Moon, it restored the exact web page used in the session before (some eBay account administration page), while being automatically logged in.

This happened even though he didn't have "save passwords" switched on, and even though he had chosen the "delete everything upon closing Pale Moon" option (cookies etc.) before.

I saw this with my own eyes. However, I couldn't reproduce this after yet another reboot today.

Can any of you reproduce this worrisome kind of behaviour?

Greetings, and have a nice week, Joe

UPDATE:

I could just reproduce this. I was logged into the MX-16 forum, and all of sudden the machine shut down orderly because the battery was low on power. I plugged in the power cord, switched it on again, booted the machine, started Pale Moon, and it automatically logged into the forum again.

"Comfort feature" or major security breach?

Greetings, Joe

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX-15/16”