-- Change in MX sources

News
-- MX Linux on social media: here
-- Mepis support still here

Current releases
-- MX-17.1 Final release info here
-- antiX-17 release info here

New users
-- Please read this first, and don't forget to add system and hardware information to posts!
-- Here are the Forum Rules

MX 15/16 Repository: The Encryptpad Thread

v3g4n
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Re: MX 15 Repository: The Encryptpad Thread

#11 Post by v3g4n » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:53 am

Not too often, but it's definitely not the first.

Jerry3904
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#12 Post by Jerry3904 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:14 am

OK, thanks. We might want to have an explicit policy on that topic one of these days b/c I can see it getting abused and offering a maintenance headache.

Since it is a beta, I assume it will go by definition into the Testing repo?
Production: 4.15.0-1-amd64, MX-17.1, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 8 GB, Kingston SSD 120 GB and WesternDigital 1TB
Testing: AAO 722: 4.15.0-1-386. MX-17.1, AMD C-60 APU, 4 GB

v3g4n
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

#13 Post by v3g4n » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:40 am

Yes you are correct, all apps announced in the Community Repository go to testing.

v3g4n
Forum Guide
Forum Guide

Re: MX 15/16 Repository: The Encryptpad Thread

#14 Post by v3g4n » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:18 am

encryptpad_0.3.2.5 is now available in the test repo.
Version 0.3.2.5

Bug fixed: if a decrypted passphrase-only EPD file contained less than 4 characters, the content was ignored and EncryptPad produced an empty file. It happened because EncryptPad expected to find IWAD marker, which was 4 character long. Such files will now open correctly.
Bug fixed: when opening a plain-text file and saving it as encrypted, the encryption parameters did not reset to the default values but used the parameters of the last encrypted file.
Bug fixed: the encryptpad file command line parameter did not support non ASCII characters. As result it was not possible to open a file directly from Windows Explorer by double clicking on it if the file was in a directory which name contained non ASCII characters.
More properties in the preferences to control default encryption parameters: key file random sequence length, key file encryption properties, default file encryption properties (cipher, s2k, iterations, compression), the number of encryption keys to save or load without prompting the passphrase again.
Bug fixed: when multiple EncryptPad instances were opened and preferences updated, the last instance overwrote the preferences changed in other instances on closing.
In File Encryption dialogue, a radio button was added to select between EPD and GPG. Previously the user had to edit the extension manually to output to the GPG format.
Bug fixed: salt was displayed in File Encryption dialogue after encrypting or decrypting a file, which did not make sense as it was not related to the next encryption.
There are only 256 possible S2K iterations sets. The file properties dialogue now has a combo box to list all of them. It is easier to select the maximum or minimum possible number of iterations.
The default number of iterations has been changed to 1015808.
Prevented the unnecessary prompt for a key file passphrase if the key file is local and not encrypted.
Bug fixed: after opening a file the mouse cursor changed to arrow shape when it was over the text edit area. It is now I shaped as it should.
Use one EncryptPad binary for all languages. EncryptPad will recognize the OS preferred language for localization. It will simplify the release management especially for packagers.
--lang switch to force a specific language instead of taking the OS's locale. Example: encryptpad --lang FR to load the French localization strings. Example: encryptpad --lang FR to load the French localization strings.
EncryptPad GUI was translated to Chinese.
README.md translated to French.
stlplus was updated from upstream. It is now 3.13.

evpo
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

#15 Post by evpo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:55 pm

Hello everyone,

EncryptPad 0.4.0.2 Beta has been released. The list of changes: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic ... 5aizwbL0a8

Thanks for the packaging work.

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#16 Post by Stevo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:11 pm

It needs libbotan >= version 2 to build. Currently this is stuck in Debian NEW, and I don't know how to get the debian folder tarball: https://ftp-master.debian.org/new/botan ... le-listing

There are some PPAs for botan 2, but those are built with different packaging than what Debian is going with. Hopefully it will make it into Sid soon.

evpo
Forum Novice
Forum  Novice

#17 Post by evpo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:12 am

yes, it's a pity. Botan 1 ended its support since 2018. They will need to go ahead with version 2. BTW EncryptPad comes with its own Botan source:

./configure.sh --all

will compile and use it without requiring the dependency. I had to use it in Arch Linux AUR package. I know that distributions prefer having separate dependencies rather than compiling them within other packages. It would be ideal if they finalise Botan 2 package soon.

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#18 Post by Stevo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:59 pm

I'll see if I can get it to use its internal version, then.

Oh, yeah, it's really easy...let's see if it builds now.

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#19 Post by Stevo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:46 pm

Yes, that seems to have worked: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fFYw0 ... TtqW4BHSnX

I'll send it to the test repo.

Stevo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

#20 Post by Stevo » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:51 pm

Encryptpad 4.0.2 is now in the test repository. This makes us one the few distros to have it in our repo, and the only Debian-based one in Repology: https://repology.org/metapackage/encryptpad/versions

Return to “Package Requests/Status - MX-15/16”