Give MX Tools a "New Look"

Any background image or other artwork submissions must include copyright information and explicit permission of the image's original creator to use the image. This includes a direct post of the image or links to a compiled image archive.
manyroads

Give MX Tools a "New Look"

#1 Post by manyroads »

I thought people might enjoy seeing the new MX Tools look I developed. I added a bunch of new icons. The screenshot may be seen here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yrdmvxlmf25s ... s.png?dl=0

If anyone wants the iconset... I'm happy to offer it. All icons are in the public domain.
Pax vobiscum,
Mark Rabideau - ManyRoads Genealogy -or- eirenicon llc. (geeky stuff)
i3wm, bspwm, hlwm, dwm, spectrwm ~ Linux #449130
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

manyroads

Re: Give MX Tools a "New Look"

#2 Post by manyroads »

Here's a how-to change your icons Tutorial:

If you want to edit your MX Tools (panel) and replace the icons, here is what you do:

Open Thunar (or similar) as Root. And do the following:
--- you can use your file manager (as Root) to go to /usr/share/applications/ or
--- use the following cli.

Code: Select all

pkexec thunar /usr/share/applications/
usr-share folder.png
Once you see the folder just examine the artifacts and identify those with icons you want to change.
applications window.png
To change an icon simply right-click on the application icon and select "Properties". When the Properties screen opens, you will see the current icon next to "Name:" Click on the icon and a new window will open (Select an Icon). Use the two items "Select icon from:" and "Search icon:"
Select an Icon.png
see image

Go to the new icon folder I provided (mega Link is provided below) or find other icons you prefer.

--- Highlight the "new icon" you want to use by mouse-click.
--- Then select OK.
--- You'll be sent back to the Properties Window.

That's it.

Enjoy.

https://mega.nz/#F!Y8swnCDR!I0_ayBIV9pbMDk8ujXeehw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pax vobiscum,
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Jerry3904
Administrator

#3 Post by Jerry3904 »

Good looking stuff, thanks for posting.
Production: 5.10, MX-23 Xfce, AMD FX-4130 Quad-Core, GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2, 16 GB, SSD 120 GB, Data 1TB
Personal: Lenovo X1 Carbon with MX-23 Fluxbox and Windows 10
Other: Raspberry Pi 5 with MX-23 Xfce Raspberry Pi Respin

manyroads

#4 Post by manyroads »

Jerry3904 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:08 am Good looking stuff, thanks for posting.
You are welcome @Jerry3904.

I have noticed that many of the icons in MX are very small (too small?) for use on HD screens; they don't render well. :lipsrsealed: Sometime it might make sense to collect either svg images or larger pngs for use system-wide. I am happy to help with that. :bagoverhead: As an aside, there are now quite a few excellent artists placing nice looking icons on Pixabay.com
Pax vobiscum,

Return to “MX Art”