XFCE external launcher crashes (SOLVED)

jj1j1

XFCE external launcher crashes (SOLVED)

#1 Post by jj1j1 »

I'm wondering if anyone has ran into a problem I am having concerning the Quick Launcher item in the add item tab of xfce panel preferences. It's not the single program launcher. The launcher i'm refering to comes with 4 items; lock, parameters, applications, and help, and all work, (Edit;Actually the help icon doesn't work), but when I try to add a new one, and then try to use it, the launcher crashes, and disappears from the panel. If I double click a newly added item in the launcher, and select the 3 dots i get a "select icon" window, but can't select a program. I don't see another way to add a program to this launcher.
Last edited by jj1j1 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
True freedom is never asking the question; Am I free?

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

Re: XFCE external launcher crashes

#2 Post by JayM »

jj1j1 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:01 pm I'm wondering if anyone has ran into a problem I am having concerning the Quick Launcher item in the add item tab of xfce panel preferences. It's not the single program launcher. The launcher i'm refering to comes with 4 items; lock, parameters, applications, and help, and all work, (Edit;Actually the help icon doesn't work), but when I try to add a new one, and then try to use it, the launcher crashes, and disappears from the panel. If I double click a newly added item in the launcher, and select the 3 dots i get a "select icon" window, but can't select a program. I don't see another way to add a program to this launcher.
Can't duplicate the problem here. If I right-click on it and explore its properties I'm able to add items and they work.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

jj1j1

#3 Post by jj1j1 »

I see what I was doing now. I was thinking that selecting an icon was selecting the actual program. How are you specifying a program; in the space after the icon?
edit; I got it working. I wasn't giving it a command. That's why it was crashing.
True freedom is never asking the question; Am I free?

JayM
Qualified MX Guide

#4 Post by JayM »

I knew you'd figure it out! :smile: Please mark the thread solved. Thanks.
Please read the Forum Rules, How To Ask For Help, How to Break Your System and Don't Break Debian. Always include your full Quick System Info (QSI) with each and every new help request.

Paul..

#5 Post by Paul.. »

Please edit the subject of your first post and add [SOLVED]. Thanks...

Asus Prime X570-Pro | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
16 Gig DDR4 3600 | Radeon RX 5600 XT Graphics
Samsung 860 500GB SSDs (2)

Return to “Software / Configuration”