ipp Printing Problem, old CUPS Filters

Dennis_J

ipp Printing Problem, old CUPS Filters

#1 Post by Dennis_J »

New member, starting here, but if there is a CUPS speciality area, please direct me.

MX-18.2, 64-bit, new installation on a test/dev PC. It appears that ipp printing is not fully supported at this time... or it may be just me.

Installed cups-ipp-utils and cups-browsed from the Stable Repo
Installed Brother MFC-J5610DW from the Brother installer (as I have on many other distros).
Attempting to enter the printer URI via a valid ipp address (verified by command: ipp find) results in ignoring the selection and using a standard ppd instead of the drvless.ppd.
Copied over the latest ppd from another non-MX installation into the correct directory. It can be selected from System Settings -> Print Settings -> change, but reverts back to standard ppd on a test print.
After some digging MX-18.2 shows in part:
dpkg -l | grep cups
cups-daemon is version 2.2.1-8+deb9u3
cups-filters is at version 1.11.6-3+deb9u1
cups-filters-core-drivers is also 1.11.6-3+deb9u1
libsupsfilters1:amd64 is also 1.11.6-3+deb9u1

The ppd is written for OpenPrinting CUPS filters 1.20.2 (and probably later). That's why it won't work of course.

The question: are we working on updating OpenPrinting (now at v1.22.5)? If so, can I test a later version?

Thank you,
Dennis

Dennis_J

Re: ipp Printing Problem, old CUPS Filters

#2 Post by Dennis_J »

Please CLOSE this topic.
I thought there might be a little interest from some of the devs, but I understand your focus is in different areas.

Thank you in any case.

Regards,
Dennis

Return to “Software / Configuration”