Linux App Store - linuxappstore.io

PPC

Linux App Store - linuxappstore.io

#1 Post by PPC »

Finally someone started a global Linux App Store!
I only found out about this yesterday, I'm just checking it out...
It does not yet allow to directly search the app's description, but it offers Appimage (my favorite OS independent package), Flatpacks and Snaps!
It's a great idea for those of us that don't have "Appstores" like other OS's.
For now it lists 3526 apps (probably many apps are offered via different file formats).
Unfortunately it won't be very useful for newbies untill it add's categories or file descriptions... But, its a start!
To the Mx team- Would it be a good idea to offer a link to this "appstore" (in a future, more devolved version) in MX, like a link on the Browser or in MX menu?

Check it out over at https://linuxappstore.io/

EDIT: I noticed that this "appstore" has fewer appimages than https://appimage.github.io/. the place that it points to.
Also a sugestion, to the MX team, not directly connected to this "appstore"- Since MX package installer already offers Flatpaks, would it make sense to add a tab with a link to https://appimage.github.io/ , where users can search for Appimages? Or would it complicate things to new users even more? [some less positive MX reviews I found on line talk about it offering "too many options" on MX tools, which can be overwhelming to new users]

P.

spanizdogs

Re: Linux App Store - linuxappstore.io

#2 Post by spanizdogs »

Today i was fantasizing mx-packet-manager with repo / snapd / appimage / flatpak into one gui.

This is a great project.
Arcolinuxb I3 xfce.

oops

#3 Post by oops »

+1 ...I agree.
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

skidoo

#4 Post by skidoo »

fantasizing mx-packet-manager with repo / snapd / appimage / flatpak into one gui.
so I sez to the waiter "Waiter, there's a fly in my bowl of fantasy..."
An all-in-one-gui would create the (mis)impression among users that each app has been successfully tested for use with the distro.

why not works shoesticka?

What is shoesticka?

its a thing i installed with the allinwonder thing

Aha. Okay, well, did you install the appFlak package, or snapBack package, or... ?

geez. idunno, i just clicked the clicky.
Why all these questions???you not gonna help me or what

oops

#5 Post by oops »

... In this case, Just an info to say:
for snapd, appimage, and flatpak, the issues will not be supported into this forum (or app. can be insecure). Usually appimages are mostly useful for non root users, just as option for a personal use.
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

Head_on_a_Stick

#6 Post by Head_on_a_Stick »

mod note: Signature removed, please read the forum rules

skidoo

#7 Post by skidoo »

spanizdogs

#8 Post by spanizdogs »

skidoo wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:22 pm
fantasizing mx-packet-manager with repo / snapd / appimage / flatpak into one gui.
so I sez to the waiter "Waiter, there's a fly in my bowl of fantasy..."
An all-in-one-gui would create the (mis)impression among users that each app has been successfully tested for use with the distro.

why not works shoesticka?

What is shoesticka?

its a thing i installed with the allinwonder thing

Aha. Okay, well, did you install the appFlak package, or snapBack package, or... ?

geez. idunno, i just clicked the clicky.
Why all these questions???you not gonna help me or what
hahaha your right, i got loose . Sapperderflap :bagoverhead:

I must add that, on one machine, i am a complete explorer and always interested in new developments off all kind.
Because now we have to web surf all over the place to manage the pakkkiees.
As lazy as i am, my fantasy got me thinken why not all in one . For my other machines i am more specific with my choice.

clicky the clicky can be fun :) to explore . I get your point though. I dont know about the risk and instabilties or whatoever with the flapperdiesnaps.

happy clicky
Arcolinuxb I3 xfce.

Return to “Software / Configuration”