Which Remote Desktop Software you like the best on MX?

Buck Fankers

Re: Which Remote Desktop Software you like the best on MX?

#11 Post by Buck Fankers »

fehlix wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:51 am MX Package Installer -> Popular Apps. Thanks to tim and d_o for swift actions. :number1:
:puppy:
Cool, thanks tim, d_o & fehlix! :happy:

oops

#12 Post by oops »

ludolph wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:34 am Thanks for AnyDesk at MXPI ... I will test it, but so far TeamViewer was always very good tool.
+1 I'll test it too.

Edit: After a short try, I like AnyDesk a little better than TeamViewer, and for local networks, I prefer X11vnc.
Last edited by oops on Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pour les nouveaux utilisateurs: Alt+F1 pour le manuel, ou FAQS, MX MANUEL, et Conseils Debian - Info. système “quick-system-info-mx” (QSI) ... Ici: System: MX-19_x64 & antiX19_x32

NotTheUnsub

#13 Post by NotTheUnsub »

I've used them both. Started with Teamviewer, but prefer Anydesk. They are very similar but I think Anydesk feels less clunky.
Desktop: Win 10 Pro, Dell Optiplex 980 MT, i5 670, 3.45 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB SSHD
Laptop #1: MX-19(x64), Dell E5430, i5-3230M CPU @ 2.60GHZ, 8 GB RAM, 1TB Firecuda SSHD
Laptop #2: MX-19 (x64): Thinkpad T420s, i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 8GB RAM, 320 GB HDD

Alt

#14 Post by Alt »

I'm using x2go for 3 years.
Unlike teamviewer or anydesk it's open-source. Also can create parallel session so I can work on GUI without occupying owner's time.

Some flaws:
- Shared clipboard still doesn't work for me with "connection to local desktop"
- Only one keyboard setting which may force localization to English (workaround is to create .pam_environment config file with localization tool, then lock it)

Code: Select all

chatter +i ~/.pam_environment
- "connection to local desktop" may crash Windows client
- for new parallel connection you need to open another x2goclient window.
Also if session freezes, you can kill this window.
- compositing on server may produce artifacts or lags.

Other than that, it's a great tool! :number1:

fehlix
Developer

#15 Post by fehlix »

Alt wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:36 pm I'm using x2go for 3 years.
How do you have solved to issue connecting remotely over the internet to the remote client behind a firewall with regularly IP-address changes. As those secure ssh-tunnel cannot initiated without either open the firewall and in addition knowing the IP in advance.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H, Intel Xeon E3-1240 V2 (Quad core), 32GB RAM,
GeForce GTX 770, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB

Alt

#16 Post by Alt »

fehlix wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:58 pm
Alt wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:36 pm I'm using x2go for 3 years.
How do you have solved to issue connecting remotely over the internet to the remote client behind a firewall with regularly IP-address changes. As those secure ssh-tunnel cannot initiated without either open the firewall and in addition knowing the IP in advance.
Didn't connect to the remote clients with a firewall. On remote machine I simply changed ssh port to some randomized number, forced LAN IP and opened access with Port Forwading (other way is to have VPN on your side and ask people to connect).
Also WAN IP adress is static, for dynamic the workaround is to use something like Dyndns.

sigfreund

#17 Post by sigfreund »

I love TeamViewer but they constantly accuse you of being a commercial user whenever they see more than a couple of computers. I have an Unraid server I use for HTPC and a couple of computers I access around the house I have been locked out (5 minute time limit) 3 times now. Its time to move on so I'll give AnyDesk a try.

Return to “Software / Configuration”